Talk

Advanced search

Not too expensive shampoo recommendations for fine/greasy hair

(12 Posts)
jumpyjan Sun 09-Oct-11 20:43:53

The only shampoo I can get away with is the Aussie range and if I use that all the time my hair goes a bit dull.

I have mid length fine hair that I have to wash everyday otherwise it looks unbelievably greasy. I need to be careful about the ends though as I colour it and they get a bit dry.

Any creamy type shampoos are awful for me and I tried a herbal essences one which made it much worse.

I seem to remember someone recommending a natural shampoo on here but can't find the thread.

DonaAna Mon 10-Oct-11 19:08:39

Have you tried Wella's newish Pro Series range (red bottles)? They are not expensive and work really well on my fine & greasy hair. I use both "Repair" and "Volume", both work well on my fine highlighted hair, but I prefer the former. Yummy smell as well.

I haven't found a good natural alternative that works well on my hair (= produces a non-lanky, non-tangly result). Experimenting with shampoos is very difficult if you have fine hair. Anything that has any natural oils at all is terrible on me. I used to live in Brazil, where everyone has lovely hair, but all local shampoos were too oily for me, so I had to lug mine from Europe.

oldraver Mon 10-Oct-11 20:14:39

Try the Tresseme 'Naturals' range.

hellhasnofury Mon 10-Oct-11 20:18:36

Aldi's own it's called Provive I like the sleek and shine version. It's 75p a bottle for the shampoo and the same price for the conditioner.

jumpyjan Mon 24-Oct-11 15:58:41

Belated thanks all for the replies. Haven't tried any of the suggestions so have made a list! I did find the Faith in Nature site and quite fancy trying the one on their for fine hair but would be £10 for the shampoo and the conditioner so might have to wait for payday.

concretefeet Mon 24-Oct-11 16:05:41

Vosene is actually very good!

fimac1 Mon 24-Oct-11 16:34:43

The only one that works for me (not cheap but very concentrated so lasts ages:

www.lush.com/shop/products/hair/bottled-shampoos/i-love-juicy

My hair has been greasy since I was pre teen (now 49) and have tried them all, over the years

fimac1 Mon 24-Oct-11 16:36:17

PS also leaves your hair super shiny and in great condition, good for dry ends too

Icelollycraving Mon 24-Oct-11 17:38:39

Klorane citrus shampoo. Smells so fresh,leaves hair squeaky clean.
Lee Stafford big fat shampoo.

stripeybumpinthenight Mon 24-Oct-11 17:41:39

I use the Aussie one too and use Head and Shoulders every 3rd wash to prevent build-up. My hair looks loads healthier and shinier. IMO a shampoo should clean your hair, it's conditioner and products that get it looking good.

chipstick10 Mon 24-Oct-11 18:35:08

Aveda Rosemary and mint and Philip Kingsley body building shampoo. Not cheap but worth it

tibni Mon 24-Oct-11 18:37:45

Body shop do a rainforest range that does not have sulphates in. Only product that works for dd hair.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now