Talk

Advanced search

My thighs look enormous in skinny or straight cut jeans, I don't like tunics and leggings as I find them too clingy on my tummy but I'm not allowed to wear bootcut jeans and boots without being....

(23 Posts)
isthisweird Sun 09-Oct-11 19:38:38

....called Mumsy by you lot.

So.

What AM I supposed to wear?

TethHearseEnd Sun 09-Oct-11 19:43:04

Tunic and leggings MUCH more mumsy that bootcut jeans, IMO. Tunics and leggings to be avoided by everyone, everywhere.

Slim bootcut jeans of a good hue (i.e. not dark dark blue) with the right boots can look great.

What do you look like? Do you wear dresses?

bishboschone Sun 09-Oct-11 19:43:53

Wear bootcut jeans if they suit you. I don't suit skinny even though I would like to wear them . Just make sure you don't wear them with mum boots.I wear mine with frye boots .. Oh and the wash is important ( to me anyway )

ladyintheradiator Sun 09-Oct-11 19:44:27

Flares?

But really wear what you like - what do you think suits you?

ChippingIn Sun 09-Oct-11 19:46:48

isthisweird - bootcut jeans are not Mumsy. Stop being so worried about what a few people on a board would say anyway. Most people IRL wouldn't agree with half the shite spouted on here. Wear what suits you.

isthisweird Sun 09-Oct-11 19:47:03

Thank you tethers. I think tunics and leggings are Mumsy too. Round here it's like a uniform, and while it looks nice on some (very slim and gorgeous) people it doesn't do others any favours.

I am getting back into dresses atm. Am 5ft6 12-14 fast on the way to becoming 10-12. Apple shape, so good legs and fat tummy.

Please, please suggest some good dresses to wear with tights and boots if you can think of any.

Bishbos, I'd like to wear skinnies too, but they really make me look fatter than I am.

TethHearseEnd Sun 09-Oct-11 19:53:20

Tunics and leggings are the attire of Satan himself.

Dresses...

Hmm. Most dresses look good with tights and boots, TBH. It depends what sort of boots. I saw this today and love it, but I am showing already at SEVEN weeks FFS, so can't buy it sad

So, what sort of boots do you like, and what sort of dresses do you like?

TethHearseEnd Sun 09-Oct-11 19:54:07

Just to clarify, sad about the dress, smile about the baby grin

isthisweird Sun 09-Oct-11 19:56:30

THanks tethers. I love a high heeled boot but realistically speaking I can only really buy flat as am a SAHM and need something practical. Prefer brown.

Dresses, I can't seem to pull off a pattern, sadly, so that dress as lovely as it is wouldn't suit me.

I have broad shoulders so tend to need something v-necky or I look like a brick shithouse. Um....shortish is good, I can get away with that.

isthisweird Sun 09-Oct-11 19:56:53

Oh, and grin and congrats on the baby!

BluddyMoFo Sun 09-Oct-11 19:58:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TethHearseEnd Sun 09-Oct-11 20:08:50

grin at Brick shithouse- I have the opposite problem. My shoulders are so narrow I look like a melted candle.

Right, in that case, I think dresses like this with puffed sleeves will balance out large shoulders. Also here and here.

As far as boots go, how about something like these? Would look good with bootcut jeans too wink

whostolemyname Sun 09-Oct-11 20:10:29

oh no, whats wrong with dark blue jeans? sad

isthisweird Sun 09-Oct-11 20:11:19

Oooh, love the purple dress and the brown dress. Like the boots too.

Will check them out in town tomorrow. Thanks tethers!

TethHearseEnd Sun 09-Oct-11 20:21:45

Nothing's wrong, whostole. I just don't like them. You can still wear them grin

TethHearseEnd Sun 09-Oct-11 20:22:08

Let em know what you end up getting, isthis...

TethHearseEnd Sun 09-Oct-11 20:22:16

*me

TheOriginalFAB Sun 09-Oct-11 20:24:39

Tethers - can't you wear the dress without the belt?

TethHearseEnd Sun 09-Oct-11 20:41:21

Think it might look a bit shit without the belt, TBH Fab...

whostolemyname Sun 09-Oct-11 20:59:22

I HAVE to wear dark blue jeans. I have fat legs. Light blue jeans make them look worse!

talkingnonsense Sun 09-Oct-11 21:10:43

I think dark blue is fine as long as it's not the really dark shinyish cheap looking blue, it needs to be a dirtyish blue.

isthisweird Mon 10-Oct-11 17:46:47

<burns dark blue, bootcut jeans>

LadyWord Mon 10-Oct-11 19:05:58

Wideleg jeans
Gap curvy jeans (basically they are bootleg, but somehow more acceptable - maybe because you can feel smug about being of the bootylicious shape to fit them smile)
Longer tops (don't have to be tunics) to lengthen body and minimise bum/thigh area
A-line, knee length skirts/dresses + tights and knee-high boots
Knee length knit dresses with tights & boots

This lot is what I wear as it works with my thunderous thighs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now