Talk

Advanced search

maternity clothes clear out suggestions please

(6 Posts)
bunnybunyip Sun 09-Oct-11 18:05:17

have decided "never again" and so I have a small stack of maternity clothes to clear out. I don't think they are worth a huge amount, but it seems a charity may as well benefit. Not sure whether just to take them to a charity shop, perhaps try and sell them (nct sale/ebay/carboot?) for charity, or try and donate them to a more specific type of sale, any ideas?

Grumpla Sun 09-Oct-11 18:09:04

I wouldn't bother with a charity shop - very few of them have a dedicated maternity section and just mix them in with the rest, I imagine this makes them very hard to sell and they probably end up being sold by weight for rags / recycling etc.

You can eBay for charity and I think that would probably benefit your chosen cause more.

Or ask around locally - maybe a Women's Aid or similar organisation could use them?

Or freecycle them!

PrimaBallerina Sun 09-Oct-11 18:33:10

Yes don't bother with a charity shop for maternity, they'll just get lost in everything and not sell. eBay is a great place to sell and you'll get a good price for anything decent.

NoGoodAtHousework Sun 09-Oct-11 18:35:19

I've just sold all my maternity stuff on eBay,it can get a good price esp makes like mamas and papas/next as it's so expensive new. I know I bought alot o my maternity stuff off eBay.

HarrietSchulenberg Sun 09-Oct-11 18:35:52

Yes, bundle them on Ebay. I bought and sold most of my maternity clothes on there.

TheGrassIsJewelled Sun 09-Oct-11 18:59:29

I'd go for freecycle - it's really easy for you to manage (no trips to post office, for example). Only risk is the person who collects may sell them on - I wouldn't mind this, but you can't guarantee the proceeds will go to charity.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now