Talk

Advanced search

T-shirts - for fuller figure and long body!

(14 Posts)
doglover Sun 09-Oct-11 17:25:53

We're off to on an activity holiday at half term and I desperately need to replenish my t-shirts. I've always bought from M&S but I'm sick of their shrinkage in the length. I'm a size 18 / 20 but prefer to buy size 22 tops because I hate them clinging to every roll of tummy fat! I'd be very grateful if anyone could recommend any other decent quality t-shirts in my size which don't cost the earth. Sorry, possibly an impossible task! Good luck! TIA.

MittzyTheVampishVixen Sun 09-Oct-11 17:41:03

<Lurks>

Have never found any but similar problems. Most shrink to show your midriff!

doglover Sun 09-Oct-11 17:45:49

Yes, Mittzy! I feel desperately selfconcious when the dratted M&S tops hover around the waistband of my jeans. They start off at a perfect length but shrink horribly within a few washes. I always mean to take them back but then apathy sets in! PLEASE help Mittzy and I!!

bran Sun 09-Oct-11 18:03:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

doglover Sun 09-Oct-11 18:11:50

Right, many thanks, Bran. I'll peruse their website.

ggirl Sun 09-Oct-11 18:15:13

these american apparell ones are fab
here
they are long in the body
don't shrink and very flattering you'd probably need a large size, they come up quite big
loads of reviews to read about sizing

doglover Sun 09-Oct-11 18:16:16

Super, many thanks.

doglover Sun 09-Oct-11 18:41:21

I've just ordered 3 'relaxed' fit t-shirts from Lands End - reduced, too!! I love the American Apparell ones but they're double the price so will keep my fingers crossed that the L.E. ones are suitable. Thanks everyone.

Thehusbandsatcricketagain Sun 09-Oct-11 19:01:28

I have uniqlo ones & they are long enough in the body & mine have not shrunk at all after washing

MayDayChild Sun 09-Oct-11 19:08:33

Next online tall section! Loads of extra length. Usually do vests short and long sleeve in Blk and White and then there is usually a three pack set of some sort each season.
You can order into your local store no necessary to have to pay postage but you do need to open an account and pay at end of month.

bran Sun 09-Oct-11 20:32:40

slug Sun 09-Oct-11 20:47:49

I'm the same size as the OP and live in uniqulo long sleeve Ts in the winter.

southeastastra Sun 09-Oct-11 20:50:25

i like my uniqlo ones as they are more fitted around the shoulder so look smarter, also get v necks

bran Sun 09-Oct-11 20:53:43

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now