Talk

Advanced search

Help! Practical yet quite glam capsule wardrobe needed for weekend away!

(4 Posts)
TheBolter Sun 09-Oct-11 13:04:41

It's going to be cold.

I need:

Clothes to wear on flight.
Clothes to wear touring city on foot.
Clothes to wear on evenings out x 2.

Trouble is, I'm hand luggage only (why oh why!? To save money actually, but now I'm regretting it).

So it all has to be worn or packed in small holdall / bag.

Also, make up - can mineral make up go in hand luggage without having to be packed in silly bag things? How many things can I put in silly plastic bag things? (Yeah I know security is a GOOD thing but a bugger when it comes to packing...)

So... suggestions PLEASE! TIA.

TheBolter Sun 09-Oct-11 17:17:05

Anyone?!?

DonaAna Sun 09-Oct-11 19:51:51

I do trips like that all the time, next one this Wed. Wear merino tights, a T-shirt and some cashmere with good jeans or your most stylish trousers on the flights, plus boots or good-looking sneakers. Take along a coat, even if you won't wear them (an umbrella, too). Pack along a knee length skirt (or, alternatively, a jersey wrap dress), a few pretty tops and some jewellery, a pair of ballerinas and a a pair of evening shoes if you need them. I often also pack a Chanel-style jacket (can be dressed up and down) as well. Take along a few tight-fitting long-sleeved t-shirts and even a pair of leggings and some scarves and a pair of warm woolen socks.

The main point is, pick a neutral main color that goes with all the separates (I usually go for black or gray) so you can mix and match.

I usually use nylon weightless backs, even backpacks. Suitcases are a lot of dead weight.

Mineral make up can go into regular hand luggage. I always take along my regular liquid foundation, blusher, eye cream, shampoo, conditioner, eye pencil, brow pencil, a couple of lipsticks, deodorant, toothbrush, toothpaste, but all are travel size and fitted into the airline regulation plastic pouch (bigger things decanted, you can get containers from Muji). They fit well.

TheBolter Sun 09-Oct-11 21:15:38

Thank you DonaAna, I really appreciate your advice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now