Talk

Advanced search

When did you start "anti-ageing"?

(8 Posts)
Incroyable Sun 09-Oct-11 10:35:58

I am in my early 20s, use Clinique facial soap and a simple moisturiser with spf15. I have friends of a similar age who think it is time to start using anti-ageing products (prevention better than cure?). I think it might be a bit too soon to start with all that, are the products not tailored to more mature skin?

At what age did you/will you start using anti ageing skin products (if you choose to!)?

meltedchocolate Sun 09-Oct-11 12:43:27

I am 21. I don't think I ever intend to, but I have tried to stop frowning and crease my face as little as possible. I already have deep smile lines though. That can only be a good thing though right? So I don't mind...smile

Incroyable Sun 09-Oct-11 16:07:40

Sounds good to me grin

Jessicaalbastwin Sun 09-Oct-11 19:19:13

I am 30 and I have just started to use anti-ageing products. I haven't really any wrinkles but I am starting to see those dreaded fine lines under My eyes and crows feet.

polyhymnia Sun 09-Oct-11 23:07:49

25 - a really long while ago, but think, rightly or wrongly, my skin would look less good now if I hadn't started early and continued using good quality products - plus drinking water, etc.

yummybunny Mon 10-Oct-11 07:16:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

teta Mon 10-Oct-11 09:22:38

I think the most important thing you can do to prevent aging is stay out of the sun and wear a foundation with an spf in every day to protect your skin.I can't believe that you are all so young and are talking about anti-aging.I started thinking about this when i was 40 tbw.I swear by Clinique Superdefence cream and the new laserwear foundation.My face looks really young and people seem to think i'm in my 30's [i'm not] because of the above rules but my hands look really old because of weather and sun exposure.So just enjoy being young [god,i am sounding like an old granny here!].

patiencenotmyvirtue Mon 10-Oct-11 09:24:22

Big weight loss will cause sag - don't know how you avoid this.

No evidence at all about water and ageing. You just piss more. The water myth needs exploding. Do you really think all those exquisite Victorian lades drank from a water bottle all day? Of course not. They stayed out of the sun.

Sunscreen 30+

Stay out of the sun.

Don't smoke.

Can't imagine how wearing makeup makes your skin age, as the more you slap it on, the less UVA/B light would get through the Spanish plastering.

Eve Fraser's facial exercises look good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now