Talk

Advanced search

FAO Bayswater owners

(15 Posts)
Housewife2010 Sat 08-Oct-11 22:45:52

How do you carry yours?
I'm getting one for my birthday & wondered how people carry it? It looks a bit low down if I hold it in my hand & doesn't feel comfy over my shoulder. Do you wear it over your arm like the Queen? Help please.

LoveInAColdClimate Sat 08-Oct-11 22:49:43

I only really use mine when it's warm enough to wear no coat or at least just a thin mac, as I can't fit it over my shoulder when wearing a thick coat and hate carrying it like a briefcase or in the manner of the queen.

Housewife2010 Sat 08-Oct-11 22:59:20

Thank you. I get it next month so I'll be in a coat for a long time. I've just been googling it & Claudia, Kate & co seem to be going for the Queen look! In reality, it'll probably be hanging from my son's pushchair!

madammecholet Sun 09-Oct-11 07:12:34

Won't that be a huge pain in the posterior not being able to wear it on your shoulder? With dc's etc?? Why not look at a daria/mitzy or one of the other classic shoulder bags?

Pagwatch Sun 09-Oct-11 07:16:09

I wear it in the crook of my elbow like a big Jessie
I would never try and put it over my shoulder. It isn't comfortable to me.

AmberNectarine Sun 09-Oct-11 07:34:55

Mine hangs off the buggy mainly. I actuall find the lock bit digs into my arm so I prefer it there. I can fit it on my shoulder even with a coat on though. Does it have to be a Bayswater?

LoveInAColdClimate Sun 09-Oct-11 07:37:18

Are you better at not filling it with crap vital items than I am, Pagwatch? It's heavy when empty but by the time I've got all my stuff in it, it weighs a flippin' tonne and is uncomfortable carried like that. I have always assumed the celebrities seen carrying it like that are being followed by someone carrying another bag with all their actual stuff in it!

faustina Sun 09-Oct-11 07:45:11

don't they do one with a shoulder strap now? the bayswater satchel or something? Why not try that one instead.I can also wear mine on my shoulder with a coat, but it does get a bit heavy, and you have to kind of slip it halfway down your arm to reach inside.

LoveInAColdClimate Sun 09-Oct-11 08:14:15

Oh, do they, Faustina? I wonder if I could get mine adapted or if it would look awful? I would use it much more if it was easier to carry.

Pagwatch Sun 09-Oct-11 08:17:26

I only have a purse, keys, phone, glasses really. But I like it because it fits my iPad perfectly.
Plus I am freakishly strong so I can cope even when it does fill up grin

LoveInAColdClimate Sun 09-Oct-11 08:22:45

I always thought I was freakishly strong until DH bought me Bayswater! By the time I've stuck in a water bottle and some work on top of actual necessary crap, it feels like I'm going on holiday for a month!

DaydreamDolly Sun 09-Oct-11 08:24:30

Like the Queen. No other way to carry it IMO smile

weevilswobble Sun 09-Oct-11 08:26:40

If the Bayswater doesnt suit you, dont buy it!!! I spend all my working days talking to people about which handbag's best for them, so why on earth have a handbag that you already know has straps that dont suit how you like to wear a bag?
If you must have the Bayswater wear it in the crock of your arm, as this is also the most showy way to hold a bag! Especially if you are very proud of it! And i would be if i had a Mulberry!

I am reading this a little envy I would love a Bayswater but can't justify atm because I need a big changing bag.
Did treat myself to an Anthony yesterday though - no hands required so I can still child-wrangle grin

Pagwatch Sun 09-Oct-11 08:33:14

I always carry my bags in the crook of my arm because I love the 50's and 60's thing. I have some 1950s handbags. You can't really carry them any other way.

I am like a chubby, ageing grace Kelly in my head

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now