Talk

Advanced search

What do I wear to this 40th?

(3 Posts)
kwaker5 Sat 08-Oct-11 18:55:09

Invite says 'sparkle and shine'. It is a buffet and disco in a hotel (Best Western-ish on the quality front).

I thought I had cracked it when I ordered this to wear with a pair of wide-legged trousers but the sleeved top hasn't come and I hate my bare arms.

I also need shoes, but everything I like that is party-ish is just waay too high.

I don't mind spending up to £200 on a dress but for that money it has to be fabulous and be re-wearable.
I am 5ft 7, size 14-16, 34D. Tummy a bit wobbly and no bits I really want to show off!
I haven't done the dressing up thing for years and don't know where to start.

PS Don't suggest asos! Much as I like the look of some of the sequin dresses on there, I am too old for something arse-skimming and I don't have the legs or heel-wearing ability to pull any of them off!

Will check back at some point. Thanks in advance.

TethHearseEnd Sat 08-Oct-11 19:15:50

VWA

M&S

Warehouse

Zara

kwaker5 Sat 08-Oct-11 19:40:53

Thanks THE. VWA I imagine would look great but now that I have thought about it, I doubt I would ever choose to wear a sequin dress if it wasn't on request, so maybe cheap then charity shop is the way to go.
Warehouse is a bit short and bling, the Zara is too long and I think I am too fat for their clothes! Good old M&S! this might work because I'm not petite (I could probably live with that much arm on show) but I need help with shoes.

I also just found this which I think might hide lumps and bumps and is more re-wearable but it is navy and I'll never get something that colour to cover up my arms.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now