Talk

Advanced search

What school trousers would you recommend (age 6-7)

(14 Posts)
BOOareHaunting Sat 08-Oct-11 09:45:07

Hi, I hope I've posted in the correct section having never ventured here before?

To cut a long story short I bought M&S 2 pack trousers and 3 pairs have fallen apart. I have already returned one pack and exchanged but retail CS have agreed I can return all 4 current pairs (2 currently damaged) as I am so unhappy with the product.

So which ones now? Any suggestions for me? DS quite petite so need adjustable waist, he's 7yo and 123cm but long body and not particulary long legs so will probably need 6-7yo.

A 6-7 will have growing room so I am happy to get decent ish one's (£5/6 a pair) as they should last him out the year, or til he wears his shorts.

TIA

flack Sat 08-Oct-11 09:52:13

How did the M&S ones fall apart? Was it seams that went or knees that wore out or what? After how many weeks of wear?

We have done okay with John Lewis, Sainsbury's, Tesco & Next; but nothing lasts superlong with some boys.

BOOareHaunting Sat 08-Oct-11 10:03:40

First pair the elastic in the adjustable waist bit just fell apart in the wash after 1 wear.
Second pair the hem has fallen down - I could wonder web them tbh but they have been worn only 4 times.
Third pair has come apart at the seem on the inside lower leg. Not ripped but come apart. There is wearing in the knee but I can make my piece with that. Actually is that normal after 4 wears? Compared to year R and infants (where trousers lasted until outgrown) DS isn't playing on the floor now as juniors is all work. grin

I have used ASDA before, they lasted but did bobble in the wash fairly quickly. Also Sainbo's which seemed good but they were a pair he grew out of after 3 months! so they never got a chance to past the longevity test.
Tesco? I may try them as probably comparable on price.

Ilovehotchoc Sat 08-Oct-11 12:01:43

BHS school trousers are pretty good

Jessicaalbastwin Sat 08-Oct-11 12:21:10

I buy My DDs school trousers from M&S, and they have always lasted imo, even wash after wash they have kept their shape.

Fo0ffyShmooffer Sat 08-Oct-11 12:26:42

Well I was going to come on and say M+S as I love them. Soooo probably BHS. Have had them before they're next best I would say.

sand12 Sat 08-Oct-11 12:41:40

I would recommend M & S skl trousers I have bought them for 3 years running at beg of skl year and they have lasted all year great

Doyouthinktheysaurus Sat 08-Oct-11 12:44:57

I always buy M&S trousers but there are different types. The cheaper ones I returned as the elastic was sewn in to the waistband and thus not adjustable, the more expensive ones have been great.

Where possible I always go for the more expensive ones and some have been passed from ds1 to ds2 and grown out of before worn out.

I do think they have some quality control issues with their cheaper trousers though.....ie they are crapgrin

Ben10WasTheSpawnNowWeLoveLego Sat 08-Oct-11 13:09:33

The asda ones DS has are still perfect

keepingupwiththejoneses Sat 08-Oct-11 13:17:54

Yes asda are good and they have a 100 day guarentee.

seasickgal Sat 08-Oct-11 14:14:38

I have been relying on these for years. they are a wee bit more expensive, but the boys like them and these haven't been holed so far..

BOOareHaunting Sat 08-Oct-11 14:28:40

I do think they have some quality control issues with their cheaper trousers though.....ie they are crap grin

Yes maybe true! They were £8 for 2 pairs in the 'outstanding value' range. I got 2 packs and a further replacement and 50% of those have fallen apart!

I went to ASDA as DS needed winter PE kit. I bought 2 pairs for now in 6-7 (£4 each so same price!)(that's all they had).

I think with the recommendations here I will get some BHS ones next week. The ASDA ones have always lasted but haven't looked as good after washing. I know I sound stuck up - I'm not - but I want to try and get a better quality school trouser than normal wear because DS wears them so much, same with school shoes.

Out of school he lives in tracksuit bottoms (cheap ones) as even the best quality clothes don't stand the test of scooter and skate accidents. grin

gilmoregirl Sat 08-Oct-11 15:11:19

So far I have bought all of DS trousers and shorts for school from tu at sainsbury's. We are in Scotland so only one week to go of term and so far the original two pairs I got him of sainsbury's tu age 5 are still going strong.

They have been washed countless times and worn for over a year (alternated with the school shorts also tu also well into their second year).

I am very happy with the quality - they are big made though as DS is six and fairly tall. They have the adjustable waist which he definitely needs due to generous cut. Based on my experience so far I will probably stick with sainsburys.

BOOareHaunting Sat 08-Oct-11 15:18:20

I got DS Tu @ Sainburies school shorts this year too. Our local one just got clothes and I went for a gander and got some as they looked nice. They still look great and I hope they will do next year.

Think they're an age 6 (maybe 7) so if they don't fit next year gilmoregirl your welcome to them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now