Talk

Advanced search

Pretty glasses case for a little girl?

(12 Posts)
PeggyNight Sat 08-Oct-11 09:26:05

DD has just got some glasses. She only needs to wear them for close up work and so far has been taking them on and off 57 times an hour grin
I thought it may encourage her to put them away if she has a pretty case for them, but can't find one online at all. I found some lovely soft ones, but it needs to be a hard case really I think as she will need to manage with it at school.
I thought there would be lots for childen- surely there is quite a market for them? Am I missing them somewhere?

savoycabbage Sat 08-Oct-11 09:27:47

Don't Cath Kidston sell them?

PeggyNight Sat 08-Oct-11 09:32:50

I did see those, but I thought they were squishy? Also wasn't sure if it was ok to put her little glasses in them as they don't seem to do child sized, won't they rattle around and get damaged <glasses novice>

dexter73 Sat 08-Oct-11 09:42:00

It shouldn't matter if they rattle around. Glasses are pretty sturdy and can put up with a quite a lot! This is quite pretty.

savoycabbage Sat 08-Oct-11 09:42:56

Yes they will be big. What about amazon?

Bonsoir Sat 08-Oct-11 09:44:05

My DD has a collection of Hello Kitty hard cases.

PeggyNight Sat 08-Oct-11 10:04:50

Are the Cath Kidston ones hard or soft do you know? <snigger>

Amazon has Disney princess/Hello Kitty/Peppa Pig ones but I didn't really want those ignores fact that DD will

dexter73 Sat 08-Oct-11 10:31:17

Just googling cases and see you can get semi hard cases grin!

piprabbit Sat 08-Oct-11 16:34:20

This is fun.

Cheap and cheerful

PeggyNight Sat 08-Oct-11 21:07:47

I am not too sure about a semi, would it be up to the job?grin

Thanks pip, had seen those. I was hoping for something prettier really.

I think I will risk the semi flaccid hard Cath Kidston ones.

piprabbit Sat 08-Oct-11 21:11:08

At least with a plainer one she could customize it herself with stickers not that my DCs are obsessed with stickers, oh no, not them, no siree.

littleducks Sat 08-Oct-11 21:12:34

My dd is long sighted and also wears glasses for close up tasks.

We get her glasses from specsavers and she has actually had some nice cases from there, a mr men one and barbie (not my taste but pink and pretty for her).

We also got her a hello kitty case from H&M that looks like a tiny handbag (as she needed to remember to take her glasses on the trek from reception classroom to the ICT suite).

Its better in the summer as there are loads of sunglasses cases about

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now