Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone bought Polarfleece from JoJo Maman Bebe?

(14 Posts)
mosschops30 Fri 07-Oct-11 22:17:36

any good? Tis impossible to find decent boys winter coat.

How thick are they? Suitable for use all winter?

MrsBloodyTroll Sat 08-Oct-11 00:03:52

Haven't but if you are looking for a serious boy's coat try Polarn O Pyret.

tutu100 Sat 08-Oct-11 00:05:31

They are lovely, but no thicker than fleeces you can buy from anywhere. Only suitable for use in winter if your child has several other layers on underneath.

I love Jojo polar fleece for ds2, but only ever buy it in the sales.

gilmoregirl Sat 08-Oct-11 00:07:56

I have not had a polar fleece coat - only the over trouser things and other bits which were all fab.love jojomaman. I think the jackets are double layer so warmer. personally would go for a waterproof as well as warm:

The waterproof fleece anorak thing is the best coat DS ever had - cannot recommend highly enough. If only he were not now six and has finally outgrown it we could eek yet another winter out if it www.jojomamanbebe.co.uk/sp+reversible-waterproof-fleece-lined-rain-jackets-in-rainwear-and-wellies+A8510 so if your DS is under five I'd go for that.

now settled for a togz one which seems ok so far www.waterproofworld.co.uk/togz.htm#wdryjacket

forrestgump Sat 08-Oct-11 06:15:39

My children had the all in ones and the ponchos. The ponchos were fab for buggy days with the sheepskin, and easy to take off when getting into the car.

nicolamumof3 Sat 08-Oct-11 09:13:50

very cosy but agree you need something waterproof really if they are at walking age.

I have three boys, and like coats from debenhams, john lewis, joules, boden and next.

mosschops30 Sat 08-Oct-11 09:51:27

Yes havelooked st M&S, next, john lewis, debenhams, bhs. They are either chavvy or too schooly.
I had looked at the jojo reversible ones and they were also a possibility, are they really good then?

nicolamumof3 Sat 08-Oct-11 11:07:57

how old is your ds? I like bright/unusual coats. DS2 is nearly 6 he has boden and joules this year, and ds3 is 4 and he has ds2's boden star one from last year.

The reversibles are brilliant. Just about to order a new one for DS1 for this winter.

mosschops30 Sat 08-Oct-11 12:56:11

Ds2 is almost 2. I have ordered the polar fleece and the waterproof revetsible jacket.
Are the reversible ones warm enough to see us through winter?

mosschops30 Sat 08-Oct-11 13:06:04

Ooh love the boden coat. Have never looked there before, the fleece lined anorak will deffo be ordered

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Sat 08-Oct-11 13:18:32

spotty otter do fantastic kids outdoor wear - proper mini versions of adult stuff.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Sat 08-Oct-11 13:20:11

little trekkers is also a good site for comparing /buying outdoor gear. I think nordic kids do v good but expensive stuff too.

Sorry on phone so can't do links easily

Cheeptrickortreat Sat 08-Oct-11 13:31:22

My son is tall and in age 3/4. I have got him a ski coat from dear2b as its ment to be a bad winter this year and we walk to nursary and school. I have also got him salopettes, all from go outdoors and a softsheel regatte coat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now