Talk

Advanced search

Skinny jeans help

(16 Posts)
toboldlygo Fri 07-Oct-11 19:25:50

I have never managed to find a pair of skinny jeans that fit. This winter I am hoping to treat myself to a good pair of (non welly) boots - Merrell, Dubarry or similar but am reluctant to part with that much money unless I know I can find flattering jeans to wear with them.

I have a round bum, large thighs and large calves (running and riding) but a much smaller waist. Nearly every pair of jeans I've ever had have gaped several inches at the back of the waist when they fit on the thigh/bum. Usually size 10, 34" leg but 32" would be fine as only going to wear with long boots.

Have been looking at Levi Curve but the nearest stockist is an hour's journey and they're too expensive to be ordering several pairs to try on at home, IYSWIM, though I'd go through the faff of returning if they're really that good. Didn't really want to pay that much to be honest. blush We don't have a Gap here either and I can't make sense of the online sizes!

HornySwoggle Fri 07-Oct-11 19:51:06

If you don't hate Next I have found their skinny jeans to be a good fit. I'm the same size as you and I live in my Next skinnys. I think they were about £27

Next

emsyj Fri 07-Oct-11 20:12:17

Have read tons of reviews on here saying the Marks & Spencer jeggings/skinny jeans for £12.50 (think that's how much they are) are really great. Worth a try?

I've got Next ones on now and they gape on my waist - I'm a big thighs girl too. They are nice otherwise though, soft and stretchy and they do a good range of lengths/colours.

trixymalixy Fri 07-Oct-11 21:00:53

I like the primark skinny jeans. I have a 34" inside leg and the regulars which are supposed to be 32" fit me perfectly.

celticlassie Fri 07-Oct-11 21:15:12

I love my River Island ones - they're very soft and stretchy.

RollOnTheMum Fri 07-Oct-11 21:20:23

I had the same problem, im very small up top but my thighs and calfs are pretty big so i was never able to squeeze even my ankle into skinny jeans! lol. But I have since found the TopShop ones fit well, the 28" 30 leg with the super soft material. They are very stretchy and so comfy like leggings. Around 40 squids. And there are some nice ones in Zara for same price and same material. I then got some Russell and Bromley tan calf leg boots and I love the look. I caught up with fashion about 10 years too late. Flares will be back in next week knowing my luck! smile

BeardofZeus Fri 07-Oct-11 21:36:39

I have the same issue, and as of yet have been unable to find a 'jean' solution to this, as I can't even get a usual size pair of jeans on! I make do with jeggings if i want to have the close jean look, otherwise I just live in my normal jeans (bootcut ..and yet.. boots don't fit comfortably in them)

toboldlygo Fri 07-Oct-11 22:02:25

Thanks all. Have had Next jeans before and they gaped at the waist, plus they all developed holes at the crotch within weeks. shock

Have tried Topshop, the 28" waist gapes loads but any smaller than that and I can't get them over my thighs.

Marks and Sparks and Primark on the list to try. smile

RollOnTheMum Fri 07-Oct-11 22:08:55

And Zara!

Popbiscuit Fri 07-Oct-11 22:09:11

<watching with interest> What are these Levi Curve you speak of? I am another small waisted, "athletic" thigh-ed girl. Have pretty much given up on jeans ATM as they never seem to fit right. At the moment stick to flared, tailored trousers and denim skirts or dresses with boots.

brighthair Fri 07-Oct-11 22:11:08

<sticks head in>
<recommends M&S flat front £12.50 skinny jeans again>
grin

I have bigger thighs (riding!) and these fit me perfectly and I am hourglass shape

spongefingeranyone Fri 07-Oct-11 22:20:39

Try M&S Indigo range skinnies. Bought a pair last year and they are fabulous. Really nice waist that actually fits rather than gapes, and not hip height iyswim. Lovely and stretchy too and proper jeans not jeggings. Hoping to get another pair this season if not sold out. Had Next skinnies and they were awful and I'm usually a happy Next shopper.

toboldlygo Fri 07-Oct-11 22:40:47

And Zara!

Is it these M&S ones? The blue looks a bit naff on the photo, is the colour ok in reality? Wanted blue rather than black as wearing with brown boots and probably brown jacket. Good reviews though and fantastic price. smile

Ilovebagsandbruuuce Fri 07-Oct-11 22:44:35

I find Warehouse are always good for jeans. Im between a 10-12 and have round bum and thighs on me. Warehouse super skinnies are great - they say they are mid rise but actually they come up a bit higher than expected and cover post baby tummy well - no muffin tops with these. I would say downsize though, a size 10 is best on what is my usually size 12 bottom half. A few colours to choose from too. Just ordered a couple of pairs more.

Also...have posted on another thread but i have just bought a couple of pairs of nice winter boots - Ugg Plumdales for dry but cold days (more of a fashion boot than performance!) and Merrell Yarra boots (in stone but actually they're brown). The Merrell ones are waterproof and if you buy from Javari (an amazon partner) they have a promo code on their home page. I got my Merrell ones for £77 (on merrell site for c.£140). They also have other styles too - worth a look.

brighthair Fri 07-Oct-11 22:47:38

Yep it's those. They are v dark blue, they do them in black as well. I have both, and I prefer the blue

blibblibs Sat 08-Oct-11 22:10:37

Got the M&S jeans today (first ever purchase from M&S) and love them.
May have to go back for another pair at that price smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now