Talk

Advanced search

4mnths preggers, going to a christening what do i wear?!!!HELP?!

(4 Posts)
Makeminealarge Fri 07-Oct-11 18:44:16

title pretty much sums it up, never been to a christening before. been told its fairly formal, but obviously not to go OTT. Ill be over 4 months pregnant at time and it will be in early november. At moment, im avoiding maternity trousers and opting for dresses with tights, cardigans and boots. Im also an awkward pear shape so feel uncomfortable in fitted type tops with trousers or fitted dresses. Can any of you lovely fashionitas scratch your brains to think of any good outfit ideas that will last throughout my pregnancy or is rather inexpensive? thankyou xxx

shesparkles Fri 07-Oct-11 18:47:11

I don't see what would be wrong with your dress/tights/boots combination....I was at a Christening a couple of weeks ago and wore a short dress over leggings with ballet pumps and didn't feel out of place-and believe me I have ZERO confidence with clothes smile

Makeminealarge Fri 07-Oct-11 18:57:19

thankyou!! what a relief! saves me hunting down an outfit that id prob only wear once! gives me an excuse to spend money on other things....such as a new handbag! hehehe grin

HalfTermHero Fri 07-Oct-11 20:14:45

Mamas and Papas sale is on at the mo. Lots of smartish things that you could wear again casually. You could get sorted out for £40 I reckon. Lots of the stock is 50% off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now