Talk

Advanced search

Lucia bag camel or chocolate?

(25 Posts)
snowballinashoebox Fri 07-Oct-11 14:49:03

Has anyone got the camel? originally wanted the tan but think they have changed the colours.

Now I actually have the funds I can't decide between the two, help s&b ladies.

Jessicaalbastwin Fri 07-Oct-11 15:03:16

I have the camel, it's a lovely colour, goes with nearly every colour outfit.

Doyouthinktheysaurus Fri 07-Oct-11 15:10:27

The Camel is a lovely colour, I am really pleased with mine.

OllieinOrange Fri 07-Oct-11 15:19:14

Just been sent a code LUCIA30 for 30 pounds off the Lucia this WE only. Hope you can use it!

catswearnoknickers Fri 07-Oct-11 15:21:28

As an old P & M customer I have just had an email saying Flash Sale for our customers for 2 days only! -any Lucia £169 instead of £199 - - -code Lucia 30 -- SSShhhhhhh!! - - - -wink

catswearnoknickers Fri 07-Oct-11 15:23:29

OOps!! - sorry -- cross posted there!! - - but worth saying twice!

madammecholet Fri 07-Oct-11 15:48:41

I have camel and it does go with everything I own, but this time of year i'd probably pick brown.... to match my boots smile

snowballinashoebox Fri 07-Oct-11 16:23:28

yes I have the flash code stashed in my inbox.

yes that's the problem madamecholet it's winter which got me thinking that i should go for the brown..... but I have brown bags....

I have waited ages for this bag and ladies it does have to be the lucia so it may have to be camel then.

who said buy bothgrin

Jammygal Fri 07-Oct-11 17:04:26

I am tempted too but have black boots this season so was considering the navy or camel! Decisions, decisions!!!

snowballinashoebox Fri 07-Oct-11 17:10:55

one camel on it's way, very excited.

shelley72 Fri 07-Oct-11 17:25:11

thanks for posting this, i excitedly had my birthday money at the ready (having asked family to club together so i could justify buying another handbag) a few weeks ago only to find that they dont do the tan lucia any more <sob>

just how light is the camel? i dont have any camel boots/shoes if that matters, tho lots of dark brown (and dark brown bags to go with too). but i think i prefer the camel to the brown, or are they likely to stock the tan again do you think?

polyhymnia Fri 07-Oct-11 17:32:26

I'm not altogether delighted by the flash 'sale 'today having paid full price for a brown Lucia just a few weeks ago!!

I found it hard to choose - the camel looks a lovely colour - but, after discussing it with the very nice woman who often answers the phone at P and M (and I think is one of their managers), decided the dark brown was a more realistic choice for someone like me who tends to give a bag pretty hard use and doesn't want to be faffed to change bags frequently. For someone with a different lifestyle the camel would probably be fine.

polyhymnia Fri 07-Oct-11 17:34:05

PS On the tan, would have had that on colour grounds alone, but the P and M woman told me that the tan was not such a soft leather as the other colours - don't know if they'll do it again. Would also have loved a grey ...

stripeybump Fri 07-Oct-11 17:36:13

Maybe no-one else thinks like this but I have blonde hair and so go for tan or camel bags, while my sister has dark brown hair and wears dark brown or cherry bags. Seems logical to me - I do like dark bags but wouldn't buy one! Black is ok for either of us weirdoes

snowballinashoebox Fri 07-Oct-11 17:49:16

I am a bit worried about camel being as forgiving to all the disasters which happen in my average day too so purchased the leather protector stuff at same time.
shelley I spent ages looking at them both and the brown just didn't speak to me the same. This is money from a really nasty accident so I am thinking sod the practicality.
polyyou have made me feel better about the tan thanks.

shelley72 Fri 07-Oct-11 18:09:30

yes my bags too have a hard life - chucked in car, on floor, smeared with banana etc etc - so i have never bought a really expensive bag before. i much prefer the camel to any of the other colours (though do agree poly a grey would be lovely). wonder how well i could look after it. suppose i could order and see how light it is ..

madammecholet Fri 07-Oct-11 22:14:23

I am properly abusive to bags and my camel is fine, I do use collonil on it now and again if the kids have smeared finger marks and it's been fine tbh.... I don't wear my wax jacket with it though to prevent dye transfer, but other than that I don't worry about it.. smile

catswearnoknickers Sat 08-Oct-11 16:20:13

I think the camel colour is a great all year round bag - but would need care and treating with leather cream regularly. The brown is a lovely dark colour which would stand abuse rougher treatment better but probably only be used in Autumn and Winter -imo smile

snowballinashoebox Tue 11-Oct-11 11:20:47

My bag has arrived and it's beautiful and very, very soft and very light, can of collonil at the ready!

P&M gift wrapped it in beautiful paper and bow, with a card and sent it by express option even though I paid for the slow.

What a lovely company to deal with.

KristinaM Tue 11-Oct-11 11:32:20

Glad you are pleased with it smile

iWILLdothis Tue 11-Oct-11 11:33:41

Jealous! I want one! Enjoy it smile

madammecholet Tue 11-Oct-11 17:38:37

yeah! I am so pleased you love it, I am always recommending that site, I have been impressed with them since I bought my first bag off them. Glad its not just me now!grin

catswearnoknickers Tue 11-Oct-11 17:45:11

I was very happy when I bought from them too - smile -

yummytummy Tue 11-Oct-11 19:40:24

hi what is p and m??? sounds great but i need to know what you are all talking about!! also any links to lucia bags all sounds great!

madammecholet Tue 11-Oct-11 19:49:15

peony and moore

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now