Talk

Advanced search

Skin help

(6 Posts)
brighthair Fri 07-Oct-11 13:39:56

My skin is utterly vile at the moment and nothing I do seems to be helping!! Does it mean anything that all the spots are on my chin and above my lip?
Am using cleanse and polish as normal plus a light day cream and (usually my fail safe) quinoderm on my spots.
I just seem to be getting one after another and they're taking ages to go

trilottie Fri 07-Oct-11 13:43:46

I get spots on my chin too. When I went for a Bobbi Brown makeup lesson she thought my skin was dehydrated and not oily, as I thought, so I did switch to a hydrating face wash plus moisturiser for a while, and it did seem to help.
I've run out of the face wash now and it seems to have got worse again.
Worth a thought anyway.

PastGrace Fri 07-Oct-11 13:58:38

I find this really good for when my skin breaks out. I always get "congestion" (as the beauty therapist woman called in hmm) on my chin and just below my nose, so I find a mask easiest to cover a large area.

My mum swears by dabbing pure manuka honey on spots, but I always forget and stick my fingers in it and then in my hair or something (backs up her "stop touching your face" theory), so I tried this as a nicer way of using the honey.

I also find valderma or sudocrem good for clearing spots - a thin layer of sudocrem before bed and left to work its magic overnight seems to work.

Might it be that you have been using your cleanser for so long that your skin has become used to it and it's less effective? I try and rotate my products, but that might just be me.

LoopyLucyLoo Fri 07-Oct-11 14:00:52

See if you have a beauty salon near you who sell Dermalogica. You will be able to go along for a free skin analysis and they should be able to tell you why your skin is behaving the way it is. You don't have to buy their products afterwards if you don't want, but you can use the information to find the right sort of products for your skin.

I have been told that large spots along the jaw line can be hormonal, but I'm not sure what it means if the spots are on the chin, sorry.

SeymoreButts Fri 07-Oct-11 14:04:49

I used to get spots on my chin. YY to sudocrem, it makes them heal much quicker. You can get it in tubes now too.
Quinoderm never worked for me. A course of oral antibiotics (tetralysil) is the only way I have ever managed to get my skin completely clear!

brighthair Fri 07-Oct-11 15:08:48

Used to use dermalogica but my skin didn't seem to like it
Been on liz Earle for about 4 months and my skin was lovely. I've got the liz Earle mask I could try and also dermalogica gentle cream exfoliant?
Not sure if it's the weather - I work in heavy air con but then spend the rest of my time sweating at the gym or filthy with the horses grin
I cleanse as soon as I get in so my skin has no make up on

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now