Talk

Advanced search

Lost all sense of style

(6 Posts)
BuntyCollocks Fri 07-Oct-11 10:46:17

I need a good kick up the arse style wise. I had my ds 8 months ago, and am currently a stone off fitting into my jeans, and 2 stone from my 'I can deal with this' weight, 3 stone off my lightest. I might have a touch of the old Rose tinted glasses, but whilst I know I'm overweight, I don't feel I look terrible, just not particularly wonderful either.

I have no idea how to dress at the moment. I've started back at sw, last time I did it I lost my 3 stone in 3 months. Not kidding myself it'll happen now due to various Factors, not least of which I am no longer 19!

Anyway, I refuse to buy new jeans at the moment as I'm hoping I'll be back in mine soon, but I need to buy something that doesn't make me feel like crap. DH and I are going away for a night next week and I want to look/feel nice.

At the moment, I exclusively wear leggings, long vest tops which I can pull down to pop a boob, and cardis.

Boobs are ridiculous, 32hh, I'm 5'8, probably a 16ish all over, hourglass ish. Have tried those pleated chiffon skirt things and I look like a boat sailing down the Clyde.

Suggestions for smart casual and hopefully not too expensive would be vastly appreciated. I have lost all sense of style. sad I have lots planned for when I can hoik my boobs into my tops, and can rebutton my jeans without spanx and a muffin top, but cannot deal with frumpiness until then.

Help!

meltedchocolate Fri 07-Oct-11 11:04:38

Wrap dresses are generally great for bigger boobs aren't they?

Wrap dress?

Another

meltedchocolate Fri 07-Oct-11 11:07:06

another

Is this for normal clothing or for your night out with your H?

BuntyCollocks Fri 07-Oct-11 11:52:30

A bit of both, melted. I would like something for everyday, but which I can also wear for a smart/casual night out. Shall have a look at the dresses, thanks!

herbaceous Fri 07-Oct-11 11:57:07

I too am trapped in frump zone, but had to say your nickname made me laugh out loud.

BuntyCollocks Fri 07-Oct-11 12:12:56

<twirls!>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now