Talk

Advanced search

What to wear over top with big frilly shoulders?

(7 Posts)
Ruth1234 Fri 07-Oct-11 10:38:41

Ok, the way I have described my top it doesn't sound very nice! It's sleeveless, and all (the only) detailing is on the shoulders, layers of the same material so it stands out and actually, it looks rather nice I think smile

But I would like to wear it to a Christening tomorrow and I think I'm going to be a bit chilly - what can I wear with it to keep me warm? A regular cardi won't do the job as it makes me look like I'm wearing scrunched up shoulder pads underneath....

Any help greatly appreciated, so I can go and do some panic-buying this afternoon!

Pacita Fri 07-Oct-11 10:47:54

How about a nice pashmina or throw elegantly draped over your shoulders? A cape?

meltedchocolate Fri 07-Oct-11 10:52:30

Yeah, I understand what kind of top you mean. They are nice. What jacket are you wearing? Would you be OK keeping that on when in the church (when it probably will be chilly, brrr) and then taking it off at any party you go to? Not sure there are any tops that would go over it unless you just used a pashmina as Pacita suggested.

Ruth1234 Fri 07-Oct-11 11:03:39

Thank you. I don't have a jacket either, oh dear. I was thinking a throw, but I will also be carrying a baby, I'm not sure how easy it will be to keep a throw in place! I guess the baby will act as a makeshift hot water bottle smile

Many thanks for your suggestions.

wellwisher Fri 07-Oct-11 11:05:45

How about a thermal vest under the top instead? Otherwise, you'll need a jacket heavy enough to squash the shoulders so you don't look like an American footballer while you're wearing it...

Pacita Fri 07-Oct-11 11:17:32

I think the throw and baby look is very Victorian chic. You can use the throw to snuggle baby, which may come handy to aide napping. I once attended a super posh wedding with a pashmina bought from a street stall outside Oxford St. Tube. It was an unusual Colour that perfectly complemented my dress, so it looked great.

meltedchocolate Fri 07-Oct-11 11:20:02

have you looked at the Opinions please thread on here? There are a couple of throw things that would stay!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now