Talk

Advanced search

Grease stains on silk

(6 Posts)
worldgonecrazy Fri 07-Oct-11 08:51:48

I know this is probably better off under Good Housekeeping but I need help removing grease stains from silk. I have done a gentle wash in the machine, and also a hand wash, and the marks are still there.

Does anyone have any tips?

whojimmyflip Fri 07-Oct-11 09:59:09

I've removed stains with fairy washing up liquid rubbed into stain then hand washing. . It was a bad chicken Kiev squirt grease stain but on a silk blouse. However, it was a last resort and second hand so I thought what have I got to lose IYSWIM

bishboschone Fri 07-Oct-11 13:00:27

Dry cleaning will get greae out but it may be set now and too late. Be wary of rubbing fairy liquid on delicates, it will abrase the area.

bishboschone Fri 07-Oct-11 13:02:40

Dry cleaning will get greae out but it may be set now and too late. Be wary of rubbing fairy liquid on delicates, it will abrase the area.

GlaikitFizzogOnaNeepyLantern Fri 07-Oct-11 13:06:52

Dry cleaning didn't get grease out of a silk dress of mine. Talc did though.

Put a piece of kitche roll under the stain, sprikle liberally with talc and put another piece of kitchen roll on top. Leave overnight and it should have drawn out the grease. Give it a good shake or a blow with the hairdryer to get the talc off.

Hope it works for you.

Deux Fri 07-Oct-11 13:07:16

I wonder if you could try using a cool/warm iron and placing brown paper on the stain so that the warmth from the iron will transfer the grease to the brown paper? I've done this before but was eons ago.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now