Talk

Advanced search

Tummy, can I wear a dress without looking preg or needing control pants?

(7 Posts)
sparkout Fri 07-Oct-11 07:27:22

I would love to wear dresses, never have really as before babies I was a jeans girl really. Now I'd like to wear them, I'm size 12, 5ft and have a bit of a wobbly belly due to having split tummy muscles from preg never going totally back and my love of all things cakey! Can I wear a dress? If so what sort of style, I have literally no idea...help!

gilmoregirl Fri 07-Oct-11 12:06:59

I have a tummy issue and wear dresses all the time.

I am tall and a generous 12 with decent legs so I find dresses much more flattering than tops with jeans as if you get the right one they hide the flaws!

Wrap dresses are flattering and I like empire line ones or A line but that may not work so well on a shorter body?

Tunic styles with leggings?

JosieRosie Fri 07-Oct-11 15:36:36

Empire line makes me look pregnant. Wrap dresses are better. That's all my pearls of wisdom used up but I will be watching with interest smile

weasle Fri 07-Oct-11 21:51:07

same problem here. I find wrap dresses look terrible - they cling to my tummy.

gilmoregirl Fri 07-Oct-11 23:35:42

I am no expert - I just wear dresses as so much comfier and easier to decide what to wear.... I tend to go for a long sleeve top with a dress on top. Most of mine are from Gap but often see stuff similar in places like fat face and white stuff

My most recent purchase (ie the only one that I can still link to is this):

www.gap.eu/browse/product.do?cid=66915&vid=1&pid=847784 which looks totally different on me to how it looks in the photo.

gilmoregirl Fri 07-Oct-11 23:54:26

on another dress thread rookiemater gave a link to this dress which looks lovely and v versitile and flattering/easy to wear?
www.boden.co.uk/en-GB/Womens-Dresses/Above-Knee-Dresses/WH278-BLK/Womens-Black-Joyful-Jersey-Dress.html (hope that it is ok mn ettiquette to repost???)

LolaLadybird Sat 08-Oct-11 18:31:38

Phase Eight often have dresses with quite clever ruching/draping around the tummy area - v forgiving. Spanx pants (or similar) also v good for ironing out any remaining lumps and bumps - good for evening but not sure how comfy for day-wear.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now