Talk

Advanced search

Goks' New Line of clothes for TU

(36 Posts)
Rexy Thu 06-Oct-11 22:49:56

So ladies what do you think?

Rushed to Sainsbury's today to make sure I got a couple of dresses,loads of ladies buzzing around his range .

Got this www.sainsburys-tu-clothing.co.uk/Collection/cheongsam-dress

and this in a size up

www.sainsburys-tu-clothing.co.uk/Collection/ultimate-wrap-dress

bethelbeth Thu 06-Oct-11 23:49:28

I really want the red one. It's lovely, I saw it on one of the first promotional things in July and it's just lovely.
And £40!?!!?! Bargainous.

SofaKingOld Fri 07-Oct-11 06:47:41

I generally don't like the Tu range, but I must say a lot of those are great.

I like the jodphurs, the red dress and the sheer blouse.

I may need to go have a look today. I weighed myself this morning and have officially now lost 2 stone - so I think I deserve a treat. Any excuse grin

bigTillyMint Fri 07-Oct-11 06:55:49

Like the red dress and the sheer blouse, but some of the other stuff looks uninspiring!

Seasider Fri 07-Oct-11 11:59:41

I was very excited about all the range and piled in yesterday.

Liked and bought the kimono, can't do links yet (shamed)

Tried the Ultimate wrap dress in red but left it as not quite sure I could carry it off. TIP to get into it: Step into, too much grippage to get it over head and over boobs etc!

Bought the red jeans as they came in different lengths and have right amount of stretch.

Tried the Palazzo pants but as I am under 5ft4'' they DROWNED me.
Need other lengths as would be way too difficult to take up.
Will see how much it costs at local dry cleaners to take up and then decide whether to purchase...

bigTillyMint Fri 07-Oct-11 12:02:59

Maybe I will mosey up to Sainsbos tomorrow under pretext of needing milk.....

OldMumsy Fri 07-Oct-11 12:14:03

Bought the red wrap round dress in size 12 and it is amazingly flattering. Got a pair of black jeans is size 10 too but when I got home realises they were length R, think I need a L but they will be OK with boots. Trouble is I had to rush as I had work colleagues waiting for me and I can't take is back to exchange as I live in a Tescos only zone :-(

PattySimcox Fri 07-Oct-11 12:27:41

Gah nearest store that stocks it is 20 miles away. Wish they'd get into the 21st century and do it online as I am coveting that red dress

fififolle Fri 07-Oct-11 15:03:08

I was very excited to see the 'Gok' stuff in our local Sainsburys...so much so that I had to visit 3 times yesterday to buy/exchange/change sizes!
The wrap dress is fab, but size up as the underdress is sooooper tight - had to dislocate a shoulder to get it on!
The sheer shirt is perfect and will be very useful to dress up/down this winter.
The skinny jeans are great thoough they come in 2 lengths and short arse here managed to but the L as it's not too obvious on the rail

Seasider Fri 07-Oct-11 15:33:12

Fififolle
I got my skinny jeans in shortarse (s!) length, so you may get a chance to get ones that actually fit!

PattySimcox Know what you mean about online would be good, we had to schlepp 15 miles to get to our nearest store too.

WaitingForMe Fri 07-Oct-11 16:04:49

I bought the wrap dress in the print :D

But I went down a size. I'm usually a 10 but I bought the 8 and if they'd had a 6 I'd have tried it on. It took a bit of wriggling into the slip but it was really comfy once on and makes me shrink!

I'm a bit tempted to buy a couple more dresses just for the slips and wear them under everything

rookiemater Fri 07-Oct-11 16:30:12

Went to have a look today, I tried on the red wrap dress, did not work on me at all, the underslip gave me huge thighs and didn't seem to slim my tummy and whilst I tried on a 14 ( I'm a 12-14) it seemed too small.
Did end up with some fab (non Gok) jumpers a cool winter handbag and a three set of luggage for our holiday, all for under £100 so that was quite good.

Onlyaphase Fri 07-Oct-11 16:31:15

I bought the jodphurs today and they are so fab I'm going to go back tomorrow and get another pair.

The skinny jeans don't work for me though, the waist is too big and there is flappage. Back to my Curvy Gap jeans I think.

Dancergirl Fri 07-Oct-11 16:50:37

Love the look of the jodphurs!

BecauseImWorthIt Fri 07-Oct-11 16:56:07

I thought it was awful. Really cheap fabric and naff prints.

pink4ever Fri 07-Oct-11 17:46:35

Had a look online and the only thing that looks half decent is the wrap dress. May pop in at weekend to have a look though.

MadameCastafiore Fri 07-Oct-11 18:18:11

Looks like the cheap pap they have in places like New Look.

Tortington Fri 07-Oct-11 18:24:34

love gok. i know its cheese but i do. i want to be his hag.

anyway, hate the collection gok try harder

Rexy Fri 07-Oct-11 20:42:24

The black dress I linked to above makes me look like a size 6 though I am a 12,you must try it on - AMAZING

bethelbeth Fri 07-Oct-11 21:50:11

Raging. I went into my local Sainsbos today for the wrap dress and they didnt have it in my size. In either colour. Clearly 16's are most popular Gok Wanettes.

If anyone's feeling particularly kind, could you keep an eye out? I'd gladly pay (obviously!) plus postage!!!

Wasn't really keen on much else, would like to see what the trousers are like on but dd was about to throw a shitfit.

paddingtonbear1 Fri 07-Oct-11 23:38:42

Rexy, I bought that black dress you linked to tonight. Really liked it in the store, it made my waist look small! (believe me, my waist is not small).

Not sure whether to keep it or not though, as it's a bit long on me - am v short, so am now wondering if it looks frumpy. The wrap dresses were deffo too long. We need dresses in shorter length Gok not just trousers!

LetTheSlaughterBeGincognito Fri 07-Oct-11 23:44:33

I wasn't overly impressed by the way the looked on the hanger (the red boyfriend shirt in particular looked hideous) but didn't have time to try on.

As an irrelevant aside, I used to live near Gok and saw him driving his car around. You know what the numberplate is?

GOK 1

Oh yeah, baby.

josephinebonaparte Sat 08-Oct-11 01:16:25

The control bit underneath the wrap dress is ridiculously small. I looked better in the dress without it tbh, the control stuff made my curves sausage like.

bigTillyMint Sat 08-Oct-11 11:17:50

Just did a trip to Sainsbos - I would like to know how the F you get the slip under the wrap dress on? It was at least 2 sizes smaller than the dress and would barely have fitted round one leg.

I didn't buy anything other than the milk!

VivaLeBeaver Sat 08-Oct-11 11:45:57

I've been and tried all the dresses on today and a pair of trousers. Tought it was all crap to be honest.

Dresses are nearly impossible to put on, like others have said the control slips are way too small but oddly don't appear to have much control effectiveness when you put them on. It's not helped by in store some of the slips are removable by polarise from the dress but some appear to be stitched in. I guess just so they don't get lost and once you got home you could snip the stitch. I fought to get in one and got the dress on and then realised I only had one arm in the slip and the other side was under my boob. Dresses looked unflattering and a bit boring to be honest.

Trousers gaped badly round the waist at the back. Didn't like the material for any of the dresses or the trousers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now