Talk

Advanced search

Eyeshadow needed! Gold/bronze and highly reflective

(12 Posts)
YouDoTheMath Thu 06-Oct-11 21:46:08

I'm looking for a gold or bronze eyeshadow that sparkles / shimmers / catches the light really well. It needs to be densely concentrated, rather than just cheap chunks of glitter, iyswim.

I don't mind spending a bit!

TIA

brighthair Thu 06-Oct-11 22:03:45

Armani eyes to kill eyeshadow? Lots of lovely bronze gold copper colours. If you google it there's lots of swatches
I like mac woodwinked as well
Chanel new eyeshadows?? Ombré something can't remember full name

mavornia Thu 06-Oct-11 22:18:26

Stila eyeshadow in Kitten - it's the business, looks like a shimmering crushed pearl on your lid and lasts wonderfully well

Havingkittens Thu 06-Oct-11 23:03:47

Shu Uemura have a beautiful shimmering bronze with full on sparkly bits (they also have gold and silver in this format too). If you press it on on top of a cream eyeshadow or primer it will be even more intense. If you want it even more sparkly the pro branch of MAC, off Carnaby St, has a product called "Reflets" in their pigments section and I think they do a Bronze one. It's really finely milled glitter which you can use in lots of different ways, on top of other eyeshadows whether they are cream or powder for different levels of intensity.

I can only find the gold one on the Shu Uemura website but I think they still have the others in store.

www.shuuemura.co.uk/makeup/eyes/eye-shadows/pressed-eye-shadow-refill.aspx

This is quite a good base for it... (comes in various shades)

www.illamasqua.com/shop/catalogue/products/liquid-meta/38/563/

Havingkittens Thu 06-Oct-11 23:07:36

The Chanel Illusion D'Ombre ones are gorgeous, but I don't think they have a bronze one in the collection yet. I am completely in love with "Epatant" which is a dirty pewter silver.

tigerbear Thu 06-Oct-11 23:12:18

Barry M in the little pots of powder are fab and cheap with lots of pigment.

Best and cheapest eye makeup I've found is an eye crayon in bronze by Image - 79p at Wilkinsons!!!! smile

tabulahrasa Thu 06-Oct-11 23:14:02

Urban decay - midnight cowboy rides again.

Nice colour, glittery and goes on well

CountBapula Fri 07-Oct-11 06:59:34

Laura Mercier cream eyeshadow in Gold is absolutely gorgeous. It gives your eyelids this sexy bronzy sheen.

YouDoTheMath Fri 07-Oct-11 20:44:03

Thanks all - wish I could get to the Mac Pro store for that pigment!

I have Copper Sparkle by them which is ok, so might try that again for now
and look into some of the others when next in town.

brighthair Fri 07-Oct-11 21:07:10

Try putting a cream eyeshadow or paint pot under your copper - makes it look amazing!! Any light colour, or even a black will look good

brighthair Fri 07-Oct-11 21:08:36

In fact I might have that pro pigment... I will message you when I get in tomorrow and if you give me your address I'll decant a sample for you wink

Havingkittens Fri 07-Oct-11 21:37:59

When you do get to go to the Pro Store, also ask to see their metal pigments. They are amazing too, especially when put with a mixing medium or, even better, if they still do it a product called EZR. They come out like molten metal mixed with the right product.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now