Talk

Advanced search

help, indecision - what do you think of this top?

(14 Posts)
polyhymnia Thu 06-Oct-11 18:05:33

Have ordered this:

www.annascholz.com/new-arrivals/rose-jersey-diamond-top-1.html?utm_source=newsletter_20111005&utm_campaign=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=content_image-crm-blk-rose-top

I'm a tall hourglass Size 22. Though I'm prepared to spend on things that really flatter me and are stylish and I don't go for the cheaper 'plus-size' brands, I usually don't like Anna Scholz stuff enough to reconcile myself to the £££ prices. In this case, thought it might have potential, with black skinnies.

Now it's arrived, its fit and length are good but I'm not sure. Not even sure whether fact it's a sort of devoré material is a plus or not. Probably should send it back if I don't love it - but does anyone out there think it looks good - or otherwise???

polyhymnia Thu 06-Oct-11 18:07:04

PS It's actually longer on me than on the model, which is a plus. Also think it goes better with black skinnies than the blue shown.

NewChoos Thu 06-Oct-11 18:07:46

I'm not keen on the print - sorry!

polyhymnia Thu 06-Oct-11 18:09:08

No, that's fine. Not sure I am!

FetchezLaVache Thu 06-Oct-11 18:09:47

I think if you don't love it, you should send it back. FWIW I think it's a really pretty top, but not really 129 quids' worth, esp as it's largely polyester!

NewChoos Thu 06-Oct-11 18:10:05

Do you like this?
www.annascholz.com/online-store/tops/check-jersey-diamond-top.html

nobodysfool Thu 06-Oct-11 18:14:03

sorry but eewwww.

ggirl Thu 06-Oct-11 18:14:15

it'ok ...bit £££ for what it is

and it's the only thing on the entire anna sholtz site that is okish

at prices like that she should hire a model who can pose

CoffeeIsMyFriend Thu 06-Oct-11 18:17:44

no, I dont like it. Not for that money. There are much nicer things on the market. Is this for casual wear or work or going out?

polyhymnia Thu 06-Oct-11 18:54:36

Actually, I do already have the jersey one that Newchoos linked to. Because I actually like that - unlike other Anna Scholz stuff - I was tempted to try this latest one. But the fabric isn't the same. Really want something versatile - for going out and more casual. Not work.

polyhymnia Thu 06-Oct-11 18:55:14

PS Agree about the model.

CoffeeIsMyFriend Thu 06-Oct-11 19:37:39

have you tried Jaeger or Planet. They do nice tops, but you have to try them on, I have a couple of nice tops to wear with jeans from there.

Or in TK Maxx they have a decent selection of bigger sizes with some nice bits.

polyhymnia Thu 06-Oct-11 20:43:17

Not a fan of Planet and don't have a good T K Maxx nearby but do like Jaeger a lot.

polyhymnia Thu 06-Oct-11 20:50:27

Actually just looked at Planet and some are nice but think they tend to be too short for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now