Talk

Advanced search

no sulphate high stree haircare?

(17 Posts)
sweetheart Thu 06-Oct-11 16:36:03

I keep reading that the low or non sulphate hair care products should be better for your hair because they don't weight htem down (is that correct???) and seeing as I have really fine hair it sounds like something I could do with. Only thing is I don't want to spend £10 per bottle of shampoo.

Can anyone tell me which brands are good that I could get in my local Boots or Superdrug?

southeastastra Thu 06-Oct-11 16:37:00

tresemme do them

culturevulture Thu 06-Oct-11 18:15:25

I like the Naked range sold in Boots or the Body Shop rainforest range.

They are both around £4 a bottle.

sweetheart Fri 07-Oct-11 09:22:57

Is it all tresemme products or specific ones? if that's the case I'd be a bit dissapointed as I've used Tresemme before and didn't notice any wild difference to my hair!

Pinot Fri 07-Oct-11 10:03:54

ooh interesting.

Pantene aqua light? <have no idea>

mistlethrush Fri 07-Oct-11 10:05:04

I like the naked range too - often on 3 for 2 aswell.

CroissantNeuf Fri 07-Oct-11 10:06:52

DD uses the Body Shop Rainforest one -it was about £6 for a fairly big bottle and it seems to be lasting for a decent amount of time (be aware that it doesn't lather much so don't be fooled into using too much -the assistant was very good at telling DD about this when we bought it )

BumgrapesofWrath Fri 07-Oct-11 12:04:27

I have been using the Body Shop rainforest shampoo and conditioner because I have fine hair too. I must say I don't like the feel of my hair with using this, feels a lot more flyaway, I think I might need my hair weighing down a bit with chemicals!

Whitecat Fri 07-Oct-11 12:22:41

I use the Naked range too and stock up when Boots do 3 for 2.

cakeoholic Fri 07-Oct-11 14:25:54

Why must it be from the highstreet? Get some lavera from lucy rose or naturismo they both do free delivery and you can pick smaples too. Lucy rose is very quick with delivery and staff are lovely and email back really quickly. I personally love lavera mango milk even though my hair is not coloured, it smells amazing, but they also do one for fine hair.

JosieRosie Fri 07-Oct-11 15:34:31

Tresemme Naturals sweetheart - marvellous stuff grin

From a hairdressers point of view - Tresemme naturals is the way to go for sulphate free shampoo - but its not the sulphates that weigh your hair down - its the silicone in the conditioner.
The sulphates strip colour - so if you have coloured hair it will fade quicker.
Tresemme naturals conditioner is a low silicone formulation, but if im entirely honest - if you are looking for good quality sulphate and silicone free products Pureology are the way forward.

sweetheart Fri 07-Oct-11 16:33:07

ahhh ok well I have coloured and thin hair - is this pureology you speak of only available in salons?

brookeslay Fri 07-Oct-11 16:42:23

You can buy Pureology online but I can`t find a website that has an ingredients list.
They sell at feelunique free delivery

Iv just been looking and i cant find an ingredients list online either :/ will upload the ingredients on monday once im back in the salon.

I can tell you though it is 100% vegan and 100% sulphate free - and the conditioners are 100% silicone free. For your hair sweetheart id recommend the Pure volume range. smile

brookeslay Sat 08-Oct-11 17:58:56

very kind smile

moragbellingham Sat 08-Oct-11 18:41:43

Today I saw Happy Hair Days in Sainsbury's.

2 for £5 but normally £3.99 each.

No parabens or sulphates.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now