Talk

Advanced search

Sainsburys new Gok range - what do you think?

(11 Posts)
magso Thu 06-Oct-11 14:43:10

Has any one tried these clothes on yet? Would you buy them? I have bought the leggings which are thick, high waisted with a hold you in front inner bit but which is very much needed but I am not sure about the waistband so wonder what others think.

Byeckerslike Thu 06-Oct-11 14:48:18

<Leaves mn temporarily to investigate>

Did not know about this!

Byeckerslike Thu 06-Oct-11 14:53:06

On the website there are no leggings? Will have a look in my local store next time i go, the stuff on the wesite is mostly hideous! The ultimate wrap dress is ok, but for £40 a beautiful one was linked to on asos the other day

ConnieLinghurst Thu 06-Oct-11 14:54:13

I bought the patterned wrap dress. It was really hard to get into (no zip) and there was an elasticated slip inside (to hold you in), when I finally got it on (I was at home at the time - no way would I have managed it in the fitting room) the neck line was too low. Shame because it fitted well everywhere else. I'll take it back tomorrow and check out the rest. I was a bit disappointed to find that the range was so limited.

magso Thu 06-Oct-11 15:04:38

I see the leggings are actually jodpers! Sorry! No labels in sainsburys but they fit like pullon treggings IYSWIM. It is quite a pricey range!

BecauseImWorthIt Thu 06-Oct-11 15:06:23

I thought it was ghastly.

Awful colours and horrible, cheap material.

I was really disappointed.

magso Thu 06-Oct-11 15:08:41

Yes disappointed sums it up. I thought maybe it was just me!

wildfig Thu 06-Oct-11 16:43:52

Are kimono jackets totally over? Be honest. I thought I'd solved a brightening-up-a-black-dress-for-a-wedding problem here.

I tried on the print wrap dress but the neckline was a bit too low for daily wear, I wasn't wild about the pattern, and I've got lots of black wrap dresses already. The inner slip was mighty, though; stronger than some of my Spanx slips. Skinny jeans were not superflattering, didn't go near jodphurs (I already have jodphur thighs, thanks, Gok).

magso Sat 08-Oct-11 13:29:33

just thought I would report back after my initial uncertainty ( and bad spelling ). I am wearing the jodhpurs and like them. they give a smooth fit but are not tight or too revealing, and unlike leggings ( on me) could be worn without a tunic or cover up. Not tried them in a cold wind yet or washed them -hope they stand up to both. Not sure about the leg patches.

MissBeehiving Sat 08-Oct-11 13:54:02

Disappointed here too sad. Tried the dresses and jodphurs.

Colours were boring and unflattering. Material was cheap. Fit was OK

Byeckerslike Sat 08-Oct-11 13:58:34

Magso, i was just coming back to say, whilst its better in real life than on the website, i was unimpressed with the top selection, but i did buy the trousers, are they called perfect bum trousers or something? Anyway, they are very nice, i was very tempted by the red, but played safe with black.
Let us know how the jodphurs go...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now