Talk

Advanced search

Boden Skinny Jeans- is it just me or ...

(12 Posts)
Millie1 Thu 06-Oct-11 14:02:43

are the legs ridiculously skinny? I'm a Duo-boots-for-the-skinniest-calves-in-the-world-kinda-girl and yet I struggled to get these on, the legs are so tight. They would barely go over my knees! Has anyone else had this problem? All I wanted was a pair of mid-price skinnies .... it seemed simple grin

gilmoregirl Fri 07-Oct-11 12:08:45

I have not tried the Boden ones but I like gap and dorothy perkins ones
Try Gap ones - the strechy leggings jeans ones are great.

Elliptic5 Fri 07-Oct-11 14:01:58

I didn't have any trouble with mine and i'm not the skinniest person, I think it might depend on the colour, mine are Winter Berry - it seems the Indigo comes up small.

TheSandstoneCat Fri 07-Oct-11 15:46:41

I had exactly the same problem with them and had to return them. My Gap and New Look jeans are a size 12 and I couldn't pull Boden's 14s up! My sister has always had the same problem too.

kitya Fri 07-Oct-11 15:53:07

Try Levi curves? the best fitting jeans Ive ever had.

The Boden skinnies never got past my knees. The Mini ones are even worse. They make my DN's feel like right fatties sad

brighthair Fri 07-Oct-11 15:58:31

I love M&S ones - flat front skinny jeans. Only 12.50 too

GreyTS Fri 07-Oct-11 16:22:19

Really must be dependent on colour, I got some grey skinnies from Boden this summer and would hardly call them skinny, more a slim fitting straight cut. Also got size 10 which fitted well although I was closer to a 12 at the time.

rookiemater Fri 07-Oct-11 16:28:09

Boden sizing is all over the place, I once ordered the same style of trousers in three different colour ways same sizes and they were all completely different fits

Dancergirl Fri 07-Oct-11 16:46:48

I bought some black ones and they're fine. Maybe it was a manufacturing fault; I bought a Boden jacket once in my usual size and couldn't do it up! I realised they had been mis-sized cos another one was fine.

emsyj Fri 07-Oct-11 16:48:48

I bought some and sent them back as couldn't get them over my calves. Got some in Next instead, although bit annoyed as the zip doesn't stay up! Grrr.

Heard lots of great reviews of the M&S ones so will be getting some of those next.

BluddyMoFo Fri 07-Oct-11 16:49:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

jumpinghoops Fri 07-Oct-11 18:27:13

I had the same deal with the grey ones as GreyTS- am wearing a 10 although normally a 12 in skinny jeans, def not skinny skinny legs- must depend on the colour, I remember reading in a review that the indigo were particularly skinny on the legs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now