Talk

Advanced search

we have just gone "smart casual" at work

(4 Posts)
whoneedssleepanyway Thu 06-Oct-11 12:25:33

so this clearly justifies the buying of some new clothes...!

I have several pairs of smart jeans so some ideas of smarter things to wear on top with these, always like the idea of wearing a jacket with jeans but never really sure what type.

I also like wearing dresses but most of mine are quite smart work ones, would like some more casual dresses I could wear with boots if anyone has seen any.

I am tall (5'10) so many standard length things on the high street are too short for me. Also black doesn't suit me at all, look good in navy/ grey.

TIA

kbaby Thu 06-Oct-11 18:02:47

I wear knitted dresses with tights, jeans and a smart blouse or top, lots of scarves and jewellery to jazz boring clothes up, leggings with tunics. It's a novelty at first but I will warn you I wish my company brought back formal wear as I wear everything to home and work and so none of my clothes feel special anymore.

LongGoneBeforeDaylight Thu 06-Oct-11 19:00:46

Definitely get a good boyfriend blazer, H&M do some lovely ones.

Gillybobs Thu 06-Oct-11 19:18:42

Yep, recommend a jersey blazer, gives you the smart-ish look in a laid back fabric. Love mine with a stripey top underneath.

Knitted dresses are good with boots for smart casual

Also love Gap trousers like these

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now