Talk

Advanced search

Jeans and a vest.

(18 Posts)
ScaredBear Thu 06-Oct-11 11:57:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

HotBurrito1 Thu 06-Oct-11 13:52:18

Put the vest down. Have you ever thought of tshirts? You may need to wean yourself off vests slowly, as your habit seems well and truly entrenched. Bin one at a time as they get tatty. In order to spur you on, envisage a day when you no longer wear vests at all, rather your life is spent in dresses blouses and tops smile
HTH

sweetheart Thu 06-Oct-11 13:59:29

what about a long cardigan and necklace to go over the vest and break the look up a bit? something like this to ease you in gently?

ScaredBear Thu 06-Oct-11 14:33:38

HotBurrito1 Thu 06-Oct-11 14:52:15

I know what you mean, being a hotbod myself I go for looser blouses and tops with the occasional vest. By accessorising do you mean necklaces etc? I thought you wanted clothes other than vests?

meltedchocolate Thu 06-Oct-11 14:54:13

hehem... I have a AAA to AA cup size so don't talk to me about smalls boobs. No excuse OP. grin I actually have that pocket cardi in navy. Comfy, casual but inching away from vests only. You want SIMPLE bangles or something to inch you into accessories.

talkingnonsense Thu 06-Oct-11 15:09:43

I love vests ( am not thin but upper arms ok). Bracelets/ bangles good- I have a silver cuff I often wear. When cooler I often wear a long sleeve top with a knitted vest/ tank over. Id embrace te vest and call it your signature style!

ScaredBear Thu 06-Oct-11 15:28:48

sweetheart Thu 06-Oct-11 15:32:12

I wear vest's a lot too and cardigans are your friend I think, especially now it is winter - brrrrrrr

You could even get a nice big cost cardigan and shock stick a belt round it! ta da

HotBurrito1 Thu 06-Oct-11 15:55:54

Can't you wear some of your dresses with pumps/boots, thick tights and a cardi as day wear, or are they all dressy dresses?

ScaredBear Thu 06-Oct-11 16:25:54

HotBurrito1 Thu 06-Oct-11 16:38:36

Not at all. Maybe buy yourself a day dress though, if you like buying dresses? It could ring the changes a bit.

louby86 Thu 06-Oct-11 16:43:33

I was very much like you describe a couple of years ago and feel like I'm slipping into it again now I'm on the search for nice maternity clothes, it's a comfort thing. I got myself out of it like the pp suggested by replacing vests with other items as they worn out. Asos is great for inspiration as you can shop a whole look and they usually team up simple outfits with accessories. I've been living in leggings and long tops or skinny jeans, long tops and my uggs recently and wanted something I would feel really nice in for a party at the weekend. I felt uncomfortable when I first looked at it but I'll now be wearing nude platform shoes, dark thick tights and a bright coloured dress just like the model online. Take a risk, it'll pay off because people will notice, pay you compliments and it'll make you feel great grin

byanymeans Thu 06-Oct-11 17:07:20

Why not try Wearing some thing like This or This over your vests
or
maybe start by swaping the vest top for This

Then maybe longer like a dress jumper over jeans then over leggings or thick tights by spring you will be confident and ready to try all sorts.

If money is tight just buy one toy or piece at a time till you find a new style you like.

I am currently wearing jeans, boots and a ....................vest.

Love them, think yourself lucky that you look good in them, unless you look crap and that is why you are looking for a new direction?grin

Do tend to wear with fab scarves though and lots of bracelets.

ScaredBear Thu 06-Oct-11 18:11:03

ScaredBear Sat 08-Oct-11 18:53:01

HotBurrito1 Sat 08-Oct-11 20:07:19

Good work scaredbear, very proud of you grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now