Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Coral/Gucci scarf necklace

(8 Posts)
worldgonecrazy Thu 06-Oct-11 10:12:50

Please help - I spotted a woman wearing what looked like a Gucci scarf. It was part scarf, part necklace, held together by a chunky coral necklace and what looked like the signature Gucci clasp. I can't find anything like it by googling. Hope I've given enough information for the S&B detectives.

Angel786 Thu 06-Oct-11 10:56:22

Hate to say it but could it have been a fake?

worldgonecrazy Thu 06-Oct-11 11:57:42

It didn't look like a fake - the coral looked real and the clasp looked like good quality. Admittedly it was through a vehicle window and at a distance so it may have been, though the woman wearing it looked quite stylish, possibly French/Italian (it was at an airport).

Angel786 Thu 06-Oct-11 12:36:45

Have had a look and couldn't find it, I wonder if she combined the two - tied a scarf / twilly onto the neckalce?

NhameCage Thu 06-Oct-11 12:46:42

Which airport? Ya know it has just been Paris fashion week. I have seen the kind of thing you mean but don't recall seeing anything similar on the high street. This kind of thing. You can tie a scarf into a necklace this is a recommended way to tie a scarf from the Hermes scarf booklet.

Bunbaker Thu 06-Oct-11 12:51:58

I hope you aren't considering buying anything made from coral. Coral reefs are one of the world's most endangered ecosystems.

Angel786 Thu 06-Oct-11 12:52:33

Oh I love that LV one. If I win the lottery...

worldgonecrazy Thu 06-Oct-11 12:53:10

It was Dublin airport. It didn't look 'home made', but I could probably do something similar - thanks for the tip.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: