Talk

Advanced search

Fab dress

(11 Posts)
LauraMercier Wed 05-Oct-11 22:28:11

I just ordered this [www.oasis-stores.com///oasis/fcp-product/5550037305#GBP] and its gorgeous, much more flattering than in the photos

LauraMercier Wed 05-Oct-11 22:28:41

www.oasis-stores.com///oasis/fcp-product/5550037305#GBP

MyChildDoesntNeedSleep Wed 05-Oct-11 23:13:26

That looks like a nice dress.

I'm noticing more and more that dresses seem to look better in real life than on models hmm. Maybe it's just the effect of the 2D photograph...the models probably look really stunning in the dresses in real life.

LadyClariceCannockMonty Thu 06-Oct-11 17:08:17

Nice!

Does anyone think though (sorry, slight hijack/tangent) that shops are taking the piss more and more with pricing? I mean, this is £70 and it's nice and all, but it's 100& polyester. Cheap and nasty except it's not actually cheap. More expensive high-street labels like Ted Baker and Whistles also seem to go in for a lot of polyester/nylon/acrylic. I don't mind if it's cheap, but sometimes these items are £100 plus.

<hoists bosom>

NewChoos Thu 06-Oct-11 18:06:09

I like it but sort of agree re price though. Am tempted to go and try it on though - is it quite short?

It's pretty but I agree that it looks v expensive for what it is. I won't buy polyester and it is getting harder and harder to actually find anything at all that isn't polyester. sad

Sorry, I meant it SEEMS expensive, rather than LOOKS.

Trills Thu 06-Oct-11 18:30:15

I hope it is nicer in RL, it doesn't look great in the pics to me.

LauraMercier Thu 06-Oct-11 18:45:25

Totally agree re price, and also about cheapy manmade fabrics, but the dress itself is great, its more fitted than in the pics, very flattering although i dont do belts so will be takingbthe belt loops off! I got it from john lewis with 20% off and free postage. Its worth trying on because its just soo flattering and wearable.

LauraMercier Thu 06-Oct-11 18:46:29

Would have been AMAZING in silk!

cerealqueen Thu 06-Oct-11 22:47:49

This is less than half the price....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now