Talk

Advanced search

will i get a refund without a receipt from Clarks, but with proof of purchase/statement?

(10 Posts)
piratecat Wed 05-Oct-11 21:33:01

Love the boots i bought last week, along with a pair for dd. total cost about £140. I couldn't decide which size was best, so went for the 6 ( 1/2 size up), which was a mistake. (hot feet end of day purchase).

IF they don't have the 5.5, what are my chances of a refund with a bank statement which shows just the total of the two pairs. I don't like any others instore. They are really lovely but i worry the style itself might be to wide for me. Biker style.
Long trip to nearest town to do this.

piratecat Wed 05-Oct-11 21:33:30

oh and they've not been worn, and are in box, in bag.!

SecretNutellaFix Wed 05-Oct-11 21:39:29

Call the store, and ask if they could possibly look up the transaction on their back office and make sure you have the card you paid with as confirmation it's your card?

Sometimes it can take a few days for a transaction to show on bank statements so it may not be on the day you think

piratecat Wed 05-Oct-11 21:46:10

ah ok, will call ahead then. god i hate this sort of thing. i know i bought them last friday. cannot believe I lost the receipt.

dd's were ordered online to collect from store, i have the little bit of paper that was attached to her pair (grasps at straws).

AmyGroovy3 Wed 05-Oct-11 23:44:00

You could order the 5.5 for instigating collection as you don't have to pay until you pick them up and then do an exchange?

AmyGroovy3 Wed 05-Oct-11 23:45:15

You could order the 5.5 for instore collection as you don't have to pay until you pick them up and then do an exchange?

KatharineClifton Wed 05-Oct-11 23:47:48

In law you only need proof of purchase and a credit card or bank statement are all you need. The store probably don't know this though - I wasn't trained that this was acceptable when I worked in a store.

workshy Wed 05-Oct-11 23:54:51

technically they don't have to give you a refund as there is nothing wrong with the boots, unless they fitted them for you and told you they were a good fit, however Clarks seem to be pretty reasonable in customer service but I would ring ahead and as to speak to the duty manager first

it may be their policy to provide a credit note

KatharineClifton Thu 06-Oct-11 00:02:03

I think Clarks offer refunds on unworn boots within 28 days. It would be different if they had been worn.

piratecat Thu 06-Oct-11 14:29:20

well i exchanged them, for a 5, (yes a whole size difference!, the style was just very forgiving) no way was he going to give me a refund, had I not been happy with the fit or hadn't found anything else.

I was only offered a credit note had that been the case.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now