Talk

Advanced search

Talk to me about shoes and boots

(4 Posts)
vvviola Wed 05-Oct-11 16:48:53

So, while losing weight post pregnancy I'm not going to be buying (much) new clothes. And what I do buy will probably be on the black/grey colour scheme - with accessories and small bits of colour.

Which brings me to shoes & boots. Having worked in an ultra conservative environment for over 10 years (and now switching to SAHM/student) I've only had plain black ankle boots and very plain court shoes for a long time.

Bearing in mind I do a lot of walking & can't physically wear very high heels (I'm very clumsy and find them v hard to walk in) what sort of shoes & boots should I be looking at? I can be quite a bit less conservative than I'm used to, but I'm not Imelda Marcos either, so I need to be able to wear them with various outfits.

So - help me find a bit of style please smile

vvviola Mon 10-Oct-11 12:16:59

Bumping in case anyone has any ideas - I'm going shopping tomorrow & am hoping to actually buy something rather than walk into a shop, get overwhelmed and walk back out again! smile

RedRubyBlue Mon 10-Oct-11 12:20:47

I find this site useful

teta Mon 10-Oct-11 12:28:36

If you do a lot of walking fitflop boots are brilliant and really comfortable as are Duo boots [but i tend to buy in the sale].I have also bought some really nice boots in TK Maxx that are lovely but definitely not walking boots.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now