Talk

Advanced search

honest opinions sort on some boots

(16 Posts)
katz Wed 05-Oct-11 14:41:11

What do you think of these?

I really like them but am worried i'm going to look daft wearing them. At 33 am i too old?

nancythursday Wed 05-Oct-11 15:34:41

Nice boots, buy them!

katz Wed 05-Oct-11 15:47:30

thank you - i like them - just hoping my fat calves will fit but thinking that the laces might make them adjustable.

HappyFinnish Wed 05-Oct-11 15:56:52

I love them. I too have fat calves. These boots would make me happy, (as long as I could do them up). I am ignoring your 33 comment, which is ridic smile

nancythursday Wed 05-Oct-11 17:56:38

I ignored the 33 part too!

meltedchocolate Wed 05-Oct-11 18:02:02

I have found Joe browns stuff to be of such poor quality. For example. I bought a pair of jeans. The fit was horrendous. I am thin but it was tight in odd places, loose in odd places and after ONE wearing the front button ripped off the plastic feeling denim and left a huge hole! I wouldn't waste your money.

ChaoticAngelofSamhain Wed 05-Oct-11 18:03:40

Nice boots smile

Btw you're not allowed to be too old at 33.

The only reason I wouldn't buy them is Joe Browns stuff tends to be pretty badly made and fall apart and I wouldn't risk it on boots.

Think you could get something better quality for your money.

x-post with mc, I really would look elsewhere.

AnyoneButLulu Wed 05-Oct-11 18:12:41

((((((whispers discreetly)))))))
"it's sought"

I can definitely see the appeal of the Principal Boy look but I'd have doubts about knee length plastic boots - hot and sticky I'd have thought so I wouldn't unless you can try them on.

MissBeehiving Wed 05-Oct-11 18:57:33

A bit Victorian Housemaid.

neuroticmumof3 Wed 05-Oct-11 19:04:24

I haven't tried any of their footwear but have also found Joe Browns clothes to be dreadful quality. I quite like the boots, what would you wear them with?

purplepidjinawoollytangle Wed 05-Oct-11 19:22:58

http://www.joebrowns.co.uk/sp+Womens-Footwear-Puss-In-Boots+LF248

Cheaper on the Joe Browns website, and you're likely to find a discount code if you look grin

I've just hinted at DP for my birthday (next month, 30) you're definitely NOT too old!!

purplepidjinawoollytangle Wed 05-Oct-11 19:23:24

www.joebrowns.co.uk/sp+Womens-Footwear-Puss-In-Boots+LF248

Oops, sorry blush

anon2011 Wed 05-Oct-11 20:52:41

I think it would depend what you wore them with - I like the boots, but ont think that they are very versatile.

katz Wed 05-Oct-11 21:50:05

Have risked ordering - went for debenhams as it's free delivery and returns which if what's been said above is true then that will be better - will report back once here.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now