Talk

Advanced search

what do you think?

(13 Posts)
LeMousquetaireAnonyme Wed 05-Oct-11 11:08:44

A quick poll
what do you think of this or this?

They both suit me, better than the model, (i.e. it doesn't look baggy on me) but I couldn't bring myself to buy from M&S.

I can't find any smartish dress that suits me, for work/formal meetings that can be dress up for cocktail and won't date quickly.

Also I am not in the UK, and they are asking about double the price shock (I might have bought the purple one if it wasn't the case).

this suited me too but the quality is very poor and the zip was broken.

any help? advice?
TIA

iWILLdothis Wed 05-Oct-11 11:28:33

I prefer the second one. Smarter for formal work. Could wear black polo neck sweater underneath too for winter maybe? (Or maybe not, I'm no expert!) Third link not working, btw.

LeMousquetaireAnonyme Wed 05-Oct-11 11:48:45

My problem (on top of the ripoff on price) is that M&S is frumpy,
I am just nearly desperate confused. Or should I just accept that at 42 I am ready to buy at M&S...

I do agree with you iWILL, the purple is just more me though.

3rd link working for me confused

Jessicaalbastwin Wed 05-Oct-11 11:50:44

Hi I like the first one, third link not working for me.

meltedchocolate Wed 05-Oct-11 11:58:43

Third did work for me. I am afraid I have no advice though sorry. At 42 you are old enough to buy from M&S, no offence.

ginmakesitallok Wed 05-Oct-11 12:06:19

If you like it just buy it? confused

LeMousquetaireAnonyme Wed 05-Oct-11 12:21:36

I didn't say I like it, it is OK, suits me and does the job, if I really liked it I would have bought it, I just can't find anything which I both like and suits me.

I also don't like shopping very much so I would have to trail again to the shop (other shops obviously and try again tons of dresses... [tired emoticon]

saoirse86 Wed 05-Oct-11 13:21:51

I'm a bit confused, are you saying you don't want either as delivery is so expensive or because you think m&s is frumpy? In which case you don't actually need opinions if you're not buying them. I might have missed something though. confused

fwiw, I buy from m&s and I'm 25.

If the delivery charge is your issue, look at asos, they do free worldwide delivery.

LeMousquetaireAnonyme Wed 05-Oct-11 15:48:27

It is not delivery, it is the retails price. It is just that my choice is very limited here. Most delivered stuffs get stolen, I wouldn't buy a dress without trying first anyway.
I just want to know if the dresses are hideous, frumpy... <insert opinion> as it is the best I can get for now and I am not sure I will wear it often enough if I buy it.

saoirse86 Wed 05-Oct-11 16:18:26

Oh I see, you mean that where you live there's an m&s but the prices are far more than they are here. In that case I'd probably say the first one. I like it but it does look like it would be a lot better on someone with some curves. Why would m&s use such a thin, shapeless model?!

mirpuppet Wed 05-Oct-11 18:33:10

I have a dress very similar to the first one in a different color. I do not look frumpy in it and get lots of compliments when I wear it. If the color suits you go for it.

SleepyFergus Wed 05-Oct-11 18:44:14

I think you need to get over yourself. If your opinion of M&S is that its frumpy and it's causing you social suicide to buy from there, then don't.

No shop is perfect, but there are a lot of great things about M&S and a lot of people are happy to buy from there for all the family.

Jeez hmm

LeMousquetaireAnonyme Wed 05-Oct-11 19:19:28

hmm

You obviously haven't seen the choice M&S have abroad. It is a frumpy/mumsy shop (or may be I have to check what frumpy really means confused). I tried a few other dresses there which made me looked like my grand-mother, there was a lot more clothes targeted at elderly people. It is their marketing niche here.

It is difficult in that context to have a clear judgement on what you have on, that why I try to have an opinion on those 2 dresses.

I buy my clothes from anywhere as long as they fit, look nice and are not overpriced. As I said I would probably have bought one of the dreses if they were 35£ as in the UK, I have to think about it for 70£

The best thing about M&S is the food grin, unfortunately they don't sell it here...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now