Talk

Advanced search

Jeans and boots- Whats in?

(8 Posts)
kbaby Wed 05-Oct-11 10:54:44

I work in an office and we can wear casual clothes, it means I wear a combination of leggings and tunics, dresses with tights or leggings, skinny jeans with knee boots or ballet pumps.

The problem I have is that I like boot cut jeans as they make me look slimmer and taller(im 5ft.4) plus even though theyre jeans I can smarten them up with a nice top or blouse for work. like this www.next.co.uk/x4856s2
I need a new pair of boots and ideally wanted smartish looking ones to go with the jeans. However ive given up on that now as cant see any I like and went with these www.clarks.co.uk/find/department-is-women/producttype-is-boots/subproducttype-is-ankleboots/product-is-20341360/pgs-is-20 complete opposite to what I was looking for.
But my jeans are now too long. So what I want to know is what are the style of jeans 'in' at the moment and what boots do I wear with them?
Can anyone recommend some smartish boots(should I try the laced up ankle boots?
Also what is the correct length for boot cut jeans.

kbaby Wed 05-Oct-11 22:37:27

Anyone

LilQueenie Thu 06-Oct-11 01:14:41

I dont actually remember off hand. I usually look at newlooks website or glamour magazine website. New look has style guides too. I find it helpful.

Chocamochalatte Thu 06-Oct-11 06:39:00

I think the boots you linked to will look good with bootcuts. I wear bootcuts, long, not on the ground but almost, if they're on / above your ankle then I'd say they were too short...

Wear whatever suits you best rather than what's 'in'..

yummybunny Thu 06-Oct-11 07:13:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Chocamochalatte Thu 06-Oct-11 18:36:38

YB - Those are both gorgeous!!! I love the jeans, can't quite get away with wearing jeans to work but if they weren't sold out I would have got some!!!! angry smile

Need to find the equivalent in trousers...

Bunbaker Thu 06-Oct-11 18:44:29

This is a Style and Beauty thread, not Fashion and Beauty. Wear what suits you and you will always look stylish. If you slavishly follow fashion you will not always look stylish. If boot cut jeans suit you then stay with them. I don't suit skinny jeans and therefore don't wear them - besides I find them incredibly uncomfortable.

If you look around you, you will see that people are wearing all types of jeans styles. The more savvy are wearing what suits them the best.

yummybunny Fri 07-Oct-11 11:57:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now