Talk

Advanced search

Bare Escentuals sits in my pores - any suggestions?

(9 Posts)
YouDoTheMath Wed 05-Oct-11 08:06:03

Now I remember why I didn't buy it a second time all those years ago!

Yes, I do use a primer, although it's a Mac one I'm trying to use up.

I have good skin without foundation, but I like to use it to even out the tone. However most seem to sit in the pores, which makes the apples of my cheeks look kind of crinkly.

If BE isn't the way forward, does anyone know of any other good foundations that won't exaggerate the pores?

RamblingRosa Wed 05-Oct-11 08:27:59

It's all in the buffing. Sometimes I notice it in the pores on my nose. I just buff like mad until it's all gone.

hester Wed 05-Oct-11 08:34:12

Someone on the other thread said to re-buff, or just rub with your finger.

Chandon Wed 05-Oct-11 09:27:58

if you have good skin without foundation, don't put any on.

That's my advice anyway, and what I do myself. I wear eye make up and lipgloss but let my skin breathe.

I have a set of BE somewhere in my drawers, but it makes my pores look glittery and big.!

JodieSwirlTapBuff Wed 05-Oct-11 10:10:38

Yo!

I use the BE Primer, though I suspect any would do.

I too think it's all in the application.

One morning I can rush the job/put too much on, and yeurgh, crater-pores. Do it lightly, with shedloads of buffage, and bang, photoshopped face.

I haven't ever tried it without primer but suspect it'd be worse....

I also wouldn't wear foundation if I had good skin, though...

miche8 Wed 05-Oct-11 13:21:42

i agree buff buff and buff some more, don't make the mistake of piling on more product, you need the tinest amount, if it starts to sit in my lines then i know i've been to heavy handed. Make sure you moisturise well before hand and that its soaked in before you start.

pissedrightoff Wed 05-Oct-11 15:23:59

How does one buff? Is it just sweeping the brush over your face lots and lots?

emsyj Wed 05-Oct-11 15:59:05

Try buffing with a flat-topped brush - they are also brill for applying a fine layer of liquid foundation for a very natural finish.

I've got about 3 blush but my favourite is the makeup geek one:
www.makeupgeek.com/store/brushes/face-brushes/mug-deluxe-foundation-stippling-brush.html

YouDoTheMath Wed 05-Oct-11 16:03:35

Thanks all - I think I'm making the mistake of piling more and more on. Will use a tiny amount tomorrow and see how I get on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now