Talk

Advanced search

Mulberry Bags....FAke or REal

(7 Posts)
BagCrazy Wed 05-Oct-11 01:43:15

I am always intimidated by shopping online for bags. COuld someone help please, are the following websites for Mulberry bags are selling real stuff.....? How come it's so cheap.

www.mbbagoutlet.com/

www.mulberryok.com/

spiderslegs Wed 05-Oct-11 02:04:47

Nope - Read 'About Us' on both of the sites.

The English is garbled, always a giveaway.

I woud only trust accredited & known sites.

If it looks too cheap there's probably a reason.

HTH.

terryfun Wed 05-Oct-11 04:40:44

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

Catslikehats Wed 05-Oct-11 05:25:31

Both sites are selling fakes.

There is a genuine factory outlet shop at Bicester Village - the prices there are what you will pay for a previous season bag. Mulberry (and most other luxury brands) do not sell "seconds" they do sometimes sell "samples" but these usually happen at industry sales and are made up of items that made it to production but not to the collection.

Some fakes are extremely good copies and many people would struggle to tell the difference between a real and good fake, especially when the fake is new (they don't tend to wear as well as originals, so easier to spot on an older bag)

Dust bags, boxes, receipts and "care cards" are all red herrings and come as standard with a "decent fake". I could get you a mulberry that comes with all those things and looks almost identical here in the Middle East without too much bother at all.

And that is my public service announcement over for the day grin

Cherrypie32 Wed 05-Oct-11 10:23:12

Ha, your site by any chance terryfun grin

Catslikehats Wed 05-Oct-11 10:42:51

I assumed so cherrypie grin

peasandlove Wed 05-Oct-11 10:45:36

theyre definitely fake websites. Why would mulberry have their own website at www.mulberry.com and then another one (not as good) at www.mulberryok.com ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now