Talk

Advanced search

How fantastic are these women?

(12 Posts)
niminypiminy Tue 04-Oct-11 22:21:43

link to extracts from Advanced Style blog. Wonderful pictures of older women looking absolutely amazing -- not trying to be young, just fantastically stylish.

thenightsky Tue 04-Oct-11 22:25:09

wow yes... love the woman from Milan all in white!

wannabefree Tue 04-Oct-11 22:34:09

Yeah, pretty fabulous!

The lady in white reminds me of Tori Spelling!

Popbiscuit Tue 04-Oct-11 22:46:44

Looooove! Don't they look amazing!? The old chap looks a bit like Paul Daniels.

StopRainingPlease Tue 04-Oct-11 23:02:24

I want the figure of that 81 year old envy.

And goes without saying I'd love to have the dress sense of these people.

spiderslegs Tue 04-Oct-11 23:22:00

I want to be the woman from Milan.

spiderslegs Tue 04-Oct-11 23:22:43

Tori Spelling??? Wash your mouth out Wannabe

spiderslegs Tue 04-Oct-11 23:23:43

Me too StopRaining it may look a little ludicrous in my deeply rural setting but I feel like giving it a whirl after seeing those photos.

ujjayi Tue 04-Oct-11 23:57:29

spiderslegs - go for it. Life is too short to wear dull clothes (to paraphrase Ms Westwood).

Having spent today happily perusing vintage stores, I am more convinced than ever that I do not want to look like everyone else. Inevitably you have your jeans and tee shirt days but why not have fun with your fashion and buy something YOU love rather than something that the high street dictates is in fashion.

babycham42 Wed 05-Oct-11 00:01:21

I think they"re great but in real life I think I would be terrified of them!

spiderslegs Wed 05-Oct-11 00:12:19

Ujjayi I think i will - I generally steer away from dull but have found too much J Crew, Toast & APC in my wardrobe of late & far too little fabulousness, the children have ground me down...

I resolve to buy the next fantastic thing I see & wear it within a week.

In fact sod that, I resolve to grab some vintage Mui Mui from my wardrobe, stick on a pair of heels, the nearest accessory & give it to the mothers in the playground.

I have a wardrobe that has been waiting for a daughter for the last 20 years...

In fact, what the fuck am I doing?

ujjayi Wed 05-Oct-11 13:08:06

spiderslegs - how did you get on today? Did you fulfill your resolve to wear something different?

I am wearing a vintage 50s dress with a beautifully full skirt over a long sleeve tee. Feeling very glam so topped it off with Chanel Rouge lippy in Rouge Orange.

I honestly think that if you wait for "occasions" to wear particular clothes you end up wearing the things you really love perhaps only two or three times. Go for it smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now