Talk

Advanced search

What should I buy from Uniqlo?

(20 Posts)
Caz10 Tue 04-Oct-11 20:57:07

I have birthday money woop woop! Little or no chance to get shopping in actual shops, and not a great shopper anyway. Had never heard of Uniqlo before coming on MN but now keep seeing it recommended. I am on mat leave so could just do with stylish basics! Any recommendations?

Clure Tue 04-Oct-11 21:16:03

Their jeans are good value, particularly the skinny ones - I size down in them. Have also got my eye on this coat for winter

AmberNectarine Tue 04-Oct-11 21:19:40

I have recently had a down jacket and some of the heatech tops. Also bought the skinny cargoes and the bet thing about uniqlo is if you spend over £20 on trousers they take the up for free which is good for shortarses like me

Caz10 Tue 04-Oct-11 21:31:48

Ooh that is very nice of them also a shortarse

Are they kind of like Gap in general then?

yummybunny Wed 05-Oct-11 11:01:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

RamblingRosa Wed 05-Oct-11 11:12:21

The jeans are lovely. They've just massively upped the price but the quality seems to have improved too. They're about £35. I got the skinny tapered ones in the dark indigo recently and I absolutely love them.

Their Heat-tech thermal basics are great too if you want to stock up for winter. And I think their woollies are quite nice too.

iWILLdothis Wed 05-Oct-11 11:24:49

Another vote for heat tech tops here, lived in them last winter.....but too boring a way to spend birthday money maybe?

Poodlehorse Wed 05-Oct-11 13:33:09

does the sizing come up large on all their stuff or just the jeans, I am thinking about the heattech as I live in the frozen north and hate being cold. I am between a 12 and 14 and wonder if I should get the M or L

sfxmum Wed 05-Oct-11 13:34:54

they do good basics in many colours and they wash well
love them and love their jeans too

emsyj Wed 05-Oct-11 14:13:38

I've just ordered all 3 colours of the striped heattech long sleeved t-shirt and one of the long hooded cardigans with belt. Only thing is, I wanted it in navy and they only had it in XL so I ordered XL - is it going to be too big? I am normally a 12/14 but figured a big comfy winter cardi would be okay in the next size up...

sfxmum Wed 05-Oct-11 14:25:58

honestly I think it would as I would expect that size to me a M or a L at a push

dexter73 Wed 05-Oct-11 14:32:40

I am a size 12 and I get M. Their tops are quite generous.

emsyj Wed 05-Oct-11 15:10:46

Oh well. I can always shrink it in the wash. I'm good at that...

I really really want it to cosy up in during the winter so I am prepared to put up with it being a bit big, but if it is really oversized I will return and swap for the cream. Will be sad though.

LadyClariceCannockMonty Wed 05-Oct-11 15:16:01

Agree with the Heat Tech stuff. I don't know what they've got this year knitwear-wise, but last winter I got a few of their merino and I think cashmere-mix jumpers and cardigans. They do better if you dry-clean rather than wash them, so are a little high-maintenance, but they're well priced and quite good quality.

RhinoKey Wed 05-Oct-11 15:30:14

I didnt know they took items up - how do you arrange that?
I love thier Chino's but I have not purchased them because I expected they would be far too long.

mirpuppet Wed 05-Oct-11 18:40:35

In the store they have a sign regarding hemming service. I believe you have to come back for the item and once hemmed not returnable.

HellonHeels Wed 05-Oct-11 21:02:29

The extra fine merino knitwear is fab. I got a great cardigan there today, v neck and a neat shape, not baggy. I'd size down in that, I'm a big boobed 16 and would normally have got an XL.

Caz10 Thu 06-Oct-11 20:34:45

Ooh it all sounds lovely, thank you!

33goingon64 Thu 06-Oct-11 20:43:29

My favourite jeans I have ever owned have all been from Uniqlo. Lucky you!

pollyblue Thu 06-Oct-11 21:08:49

Love Uniqlo. Get my t-shirts from them, really good quality cotton. I find the sizing quite generous - am a 10/12 and their size S fits very well.

Enjoy spending your money! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now