Talk

Advanced search

New clothes for new job needed!!

(10 Posts)
Chocamochalatte Tue 04-Oct-11 18:26:45

Gone from stuck in boring office to front of house customer facing position, not overly smart... I really need your help with suggestions for trousers, tops and shoes, size 12, 5'6" with a horrible stomach which needs hiding... grin

I have very little spare cash so the cheaper the better!

Chocamochalatte Tue 04-Oct-11 20:09:47

too boring??

ThatsNotMyBabyBelly Tue 04-Oct-11 21:05:03

blue top

hides tummy

maybe with skinnies?

flare

skinny

http://www.next.co.uk/g47208s2#457526g47 block heel]]

nude

Any good?

ThatsNotMyBabyBelly Tue 04-Oct-11 21:05:28

block heel

Chocamochalatte Tue 04-Oct-11 22:46:49

First top ok - but Per Una?!?! grin
Second and third top def not me
Next trousers I quite like that they are jersey...

Chocamochalatte Tue 04-Oct-11 22:48:24

Liking the skinny's and the nude flats..

Chocamochalatte Tue 04-Oct-11 22:50:33

Really like the block heels in nude...

Think I'd quite like to do skinnies, with not too a high heel if poss...

(sorry for the broken reply, I'm on iPad)

SickOnMyShoulder Wed 05-Oct-11 19:12:22

If you are starting off a smart/casual work wardrobe from scratch I would go for a pair of black trousers and 3 dresses. Next have some lovely ones in at the moment, and of course, spanx if your tummy is a problem.

ThatsNotMyBabyBelly Wed 05-Oct-11 19:44:52

Oooo someone likes some of the things I found! This doesn't happen often but I am determined not to be put off smile

Apologies for Per Una btw - it doesn't really look like it though does it? Not enough frills.

Dotty P's have some good stuff in their sale at the moment which might be worth a look.

Chocamochalatte Wed 05-Oct-11 23:10:20

SOMS, would love to do dresses, unfortunately I have horrible legs plus I always feel fat in them!

TNMBB, I went to DPs, bought two pairs of trousers and a shirt for £24!! Was really pleased with myself... Until I got home and tried them on, none fitted, I'd bought all my usual sizes, trousers too small, shirt too big sad

Back to square one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now