Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

TOAST Customer service...brilliant!

(7 Posts)
heggertyhaggerty Tue 04-Oct-11 18:04:05

I got a coat from Toast in the sale in January. It was reduced but still quite dear, still it was amazing so I kept it.

Didn't wear it constantly by any means, and in the summer obviously hardly at all, but when I got it out for the autumn the lining was starting to fray. Within a week it was getting much worse so a big hole inside.

I felt awful for spending so much, though I love it, anyway I thought why not email them. So I did and they said they were sorry, and would pay to get it relined. shock so anyway I had to get some quotes, and it came in very expensive.
I emailed back with the quotes.
They then asked me to return it so they could have a look. I did, and they emailed straight away saying I could choose any other item as a replacement up to the original price I paid.

I didn't like the other coats so I said could I please keep it and maybe they could send me a credit note, if they didn't want to pay for the relining.

Anyway they have...for £125 shock
I'm so pleased - essentially they've given me more than it would cost to reline.

They were so brilliant about it, and I said I would recommend them to friends, so there you go.

thanks Toast and keep it up, more shops should be like this.

heggertyhaggerty Tue 04-Oct-11 18:05:15

Plus...has anyone got any recommendations for what to spend it on?!!

(might wait till the sale...is that cheeky?) grin

nancythursday Tue 04-Oct-11 18:24:26

That's fab. I'd probably wait for a sale, check if there's a use by date on the credit note. Some shops do put a time limit on them.

heggertyhaggerty Tue 04-Oct-11 19:10:22

Thanks Nan, good point - I think they have just added it to my 'account' though so it's hard to tell.

Maybe I should ask.

nancythursday Tue 04-Oct-11 19:22:48

If it's in your account then you should be fine. They have some lovely things, have fun choosing something.

heggertyhaggerty Tue 04-Oct-11 19:54:52

Thankyou smile

josefa Wed 12-Oct-11 10:43:38

They ARE brilliant if there's a problem but what I find more disappointing is the quality - used to be so good. Last year I had a faulty nightie and a really expensive jumper which arrived with a hole in it; this year I've had a towel where the hanging loop has broken after 4 months of use - I'm too embarrassed to write and complain about the towel because it seems like that's all I do!! I wish more shops, especially expensive ones, would sell products that actually do what they say or don't break/aren't damaged from the outset. Poor quality control....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now