Talk

Advanced search

Please help me find shoes for this bridesmaid dress

(7 Posts)
Spamspamspam Tue 04-Oct-11 13:26:45

I am MOH at my sisters wedding in November and I am wearing this dress.

www.coast-stores.com/JOCASTA-DRESS//-/fcp-product/2143411606

I have bought these shoes to go with it

www.coast-stores.com/ALBERTA-SHOES/Shoes/coast/fcp-product/6110008328

However they are very high! I am 5'7 and feel like I am going to be towering over everyone in them. Bride is about 5'5 or 5'6 and groom isn't a lot taller so I was thinking of wearing the Alberta Shoes in the evening and trying to find something lower for the day. But can I find anything? No.....I can't everything in the shops is stacked and platform...

Any help would be gratefully appreciated grin

Uglymush Tue 04-Oct-11 13:29:17

Have you thought about smaller healed bridal shoes and getting them dyed the correct colour? The dress is lovely by the way

minervaitalica Tue 04-Oct-11 13:47:54

Rainbow at John Lewis do low/mid heeled bridesmaid shoes (can be dyed). They are not exactly exciting shoes, but as you are changing for the evening anyway it probably does not matter. They are also fairly reasonable in price, although I remember than dyeing them was relatively expensive.

If you want to go flat you could also try Pretty Ballerinas, French sole or Repetto ($$$).

Fab dress btw!

Spamspamspam Tue 04-Oct-11 14:27:30

Thanks Both - hadn't thought of dyeing but that could be an option. Problem with dress is it says it is ivory but it is actually quite a yellowy cream/buttery ivory and I am also wearing the Rachelle Shrug which is a sort of taupe colour. I think that Ivory shoes will look too pale and I am not sure they will be able to dye them to the exact colour of my dress?

I saw these but seem a lot of money for a basic court shoe...

http://eu.jimmychoo.com/irena/invt/247irenapat/

Spamspamspam Tue 04-Oct-11 14:46:29

Sorry

eu.jimmychoo.com/irena/invt/247irenapat/

minervaitalica Tue 04-Oct-11 15:01:49

They normally ask for a swatch which they then reproduce - any chance you could get one (say in the right taupe or the colour of your dress) in a fabric shop and use that one? Or perhapd dye them to the exact colour of your other shoes?

tethersend Tue 04-Oct-11 17:19:34

You could get something like these and get them dyed

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now