Talk

Advanced search

Bootcut trousers

(7 Posts)
TabithaTwitchet Tue 04-Oct-11 07:45:30

Does anyone know where I can get some nice bootcut trousers or jeans, which are not denim blue or black?
I am after paler colours (stone, light grey etc) as lots of my tops are dark colours.
I am obviously straying away from being fashionable, as all the trousers I can in the shops find have straight legs - but I like bootcut as other cuts look ridiculous with my enormous feet.

Also I don't want a really high waist, as I still have a tummy from being pregnant with DD2 (4 months old) - I want it to do up below my stomach.

Please help, I literally have no trousers I can wear, as I seem to have completely changed shape since before I had DD.

ellangirl Tue 04-Oct-11 08:47:53

Not commenting on the bootcuts in particular (although wide legs would prob be nicer) but dark tops with lighter bottoms is a difficult look to pull off. I had a quick look but i see your problem- they are all per una-esqe or tailored work wear!

madammecholet Tue 04-Oct-11 08:51:13

La redoute have some:

here

here

in grey

in camel

Gillybobs Tue 04-Oct-11 10:19:39

Note very pale but Gap bootcut trousers are much better than most here

TabithaTwitchet Tue 04-Oct-11 10:33:05

Really Ellangirl, why is it difficult to pull off? <totally clueless about style emoticon>

ellangirl Tue 04-Oct-11 12:31:09

Sorry, I could have explained better. I personally don't wear light bottoms at all, as it draws attention to my thighs which are not my best part. So, I don't go too light on my bottom half for that reason. Plus toddler handprints are not the best look on trousers grin. Why don't you want denim coloured by the way?

TabithaTwitchet Tue 04-Oct-11 12:52:55

I don't mind one pair denim-coloured, but I want to buy several pairs of trousers (that actually fit me) for the winter and I didn't want to look as though I was wearing the same pair all the time, or to look all dark and gloomy all over grin.

It is true that my thighs are not my best part either <ponders hard on what IS best part, gives up>, so maybe I should go with the dark trousers and invest in some bright coloured scarves or necklaces or something...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now