Talk

Advanced search

Leggings help please!

(10 Posts)
georgie22 Mon 03-Oct-11 22:28:10

I would like some leggings for the winter but when I've worn them previously I have always felt like I've forgotten to put my skirt on! Any suggestions for leggings which may be a bit thicker and feel less like tights?

anon2011 Tue 04-Oct-11 11:48:45

I like the topshop leggings - they are inexpensive and wash well. Definately not like tights!

bitzermaloney Tue 04-Oct-11 11:54:23

White Company do these: leggings
Very pricey for leggings but you can use a discount code - I have them and they are lovely and thick, more like skinny trousers, you can feel the quality.

Tanyaaah Tue 04-Oct-11 13:08:28

Eighty quid for leggings!

fustyarse Tue 04-Oct-11 13:32:57

these M&S ones are the best I've EVER had

got them in denim and they're dead comfy, don't fall down so you don't have to keep hitching them up, keep their shape etc etc etc

look at the reviews

deffo worth the £20

Millie1 Tue 04-Oct-11 13:43:30

I got black Boden leggings last year - want to replace as they have a bit too much of a sheen for my tastes. Shall watch with interest - lots of people recommend American Apparel.

NhameCage Tue 04-Oct-11 13:52:55

American Apparel are good, I've had 4 pairs will probably re-purchase. My old ones have gone baggy on the knees but they are ancient. They also do a 'winter legging' which has extra thick material - haven't tried it so can't comment. The only thing I would say is be careful with their sizing, it is pretty small. All of my pairs have gone through at the top of the legs where they meet the crotch, I have put on about 5 pounds though, probably most of it on my thighs. I am 9 stone 12, 5 feet 7 with 32 inch inside leg and I had medium - to give you an idea of sizing - I do have mega thighs though (thanks mum). I'm normally a size 10. I've also had H&M ones awful thin material, baggy, avoid. Have tried the Primark shapewear ones that everyone raves about hate, that horrible leotard material that makes you feel cold when the breeze blows, leave red seam marks all over your legs, too short by far and fall down.

heather1980 Tue 04-Oct-11 20:01:03

I just got some from Gap and i love them, they are long on me and come below my ankle, quite thick material and so far have washed well. And no bagging at the knee

wineandcheese Tue 04-Oct-11 20:09:32

Another vote for Topshop! Good thickness, wash well.

Avoid Dorothy Perkins - baggy and bobbly after a couple of washes.

KateShmate Tue 04-Oct-11 20:15:47

Oooh, new look do fleece leggings....
They are brilliant - look normal from the outside, but proper thick fleece on the inside... they are £10.99 too! grin
Think I might buy a few pairs soon as I reckon they will all sell out..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now