Talk

Advanced search

Help me to be more hourglass than beer keg....

(14 Posts)
JustLikeHeaven Mon 03-Oct-11 22:09:35

Could you Help me please!!!

I have the black LK Bennett tina dress www.lkbennett.com/clothing/dresses/DRTINA002WOOLVISCOSE
and I love it.... it is very flattering on. I am doing my best to lose weight but cant seem to improve my tummy area (bread and wine dont help I know). I have bought lots of different shapewear thingeys.... but none of them seem to really work for the tummy and I dont want to waste more money, as they are pretty expensive.

Has anyone got this dress and have you worn a corset or one of those waist cinchers with it? Or with any similar dress. The skirt is tight on my lovely big butt so VPL would be very obvious. Anyone any miracle products to share?

Thank you.

JustLikeHeaven Mon 03-Oct-11 22:11:14

Sorry... the VPL referecne is to those sucky in pants that stop under the butt..

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 03-Oct-11 22:16:58

One word.
Spanx
££ but worth it
Personal disclaimer do NOT have the dress to which you refer
Usual MNHQ disclaimers about other shapewear being available obviously applies.

JustLikeHeaven Mon 03-Oct-11 22:20:36

Thanks Olivia.. I have Spanx and they are not great on me to be honest. Maybe they are not small enough or tight enough on me. The one I have rolls down a bit at the top so I get that bulge between it and my bra. And its got that slit in the crotch area. I've never known if I'm supposed to wear undies under it... over it... or not at all... yuk... drafty no?? lol..

Havingkittens Tue 04-Oct-11 10:11:06

Waist cinchers are great, or a Corselette. Have a look at www.whatkatiedid.com in their shapewear section. Rather sexier than Spanx too wink

prolificwillybreeder Tue 04-Oct-11 10:18:48

I have the same problem with spanx!
I think mine might be too small?

Phwooooar Tue 04-Oct-11 11:00:47

If your spans keep rolling down - too small! And the slit in the crotch area is so you can have a wee without taking whole dress and knickers off in order to achieve that aim!

Phwooooar Tue 04-Oct-11 11:01:26

Sorry, spanx not spans!

Phwooooar Tue 04-Oct-11 11:03:08

If your spans keep rolling down - too small! And the slit in the crotch area is so you can have a wee without taking whole dress and knickers off in order to achieve that aim!

anon2011 Tue 04-Oct-11 11:51:31

Spanx just don't do the trick for me. I swear by my miraclesuit waist cincher. Gives me an hourglass (ish) figure. If ypu get it in black it actually looks ok with a foxy bra and pants so don't have to hide it from DH!

voscar Tue 04-Oct-11 12:43:24

Body shaper tights! Much better than just spanx alone as they keep everything in place

JustLikeHeaven Tue 04-Oct-11 13:35:12

Thank you all guys..

anon... is this the one you have

www.very.co.uk/miraclesuit-full-control-waist-cincher/733076164.prd

anon2011 Wed 05-Oct-11 20:39:43

That's the one! Be aware the sixing comes up small! I took an XL for size 14-16

anon2011 Wed 05-Oct-11 20:41:22

oops, I mean sizing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now