Talk

Advanced search

Done before but....perfect leggings

(13 Posts)
sprinkles77 Mon 03-Oct-11 15:31:12

Can anyone recommend? I already have rubbish ones from tesco, marks and spencers and top shop. Anyone tried these? I would like non- see through, non baggy at knees, reasonably thick, soft waistband (preferably not the sort with elastic threaded through as they end up bumpy under clothes). I am short (5ft 2) and therefore short waisted, so anything that is really high rise will bunch up and look bumpy underneath whatever I wear on top. I am also shortish in the leg (30 inches). Oh and black obviously. No zips, rouching, decoration etc. Would spend up to around £30 for the perfect pair.

monkeysmama Mon 03-Oct-11 15:35:39

Best I've found are American Apparel. Plain ones or more decorated. I have a few including the gold lamè and love them.

sprinkles77 Mon 03-Oct-11 15:36:47

wish I had legs for gold lame envy!

Ifancyashandy Mon 03-Oct-11 15:48:08

Recently bought some for a bargainious £15 from Mint Velvet. Good thickness but not too thick (they are thicker than tights!), soft & deep waist band and wash well. They are gathered at the ankle though but you can't really tell when they're on.

Stokey38 Mon 03-Oct-11 15:51:38

Second American Apparel, had mine for years and still in good condition.

Sleepwhenidie Mon 03-Oct-11 15:57:55

Yep, AA very good, but I have also recently discovered All Saints Raffi leggings with a skirt bit. They are are very fine knit, soft fabric and sooo comfy and cosy and don't go baggy. They are quite long though, but they do cropped as well as full length so may be worth trying. The skirt is fine knit enough to be worn under dresses tops that cling, you don't really notice it.

bananamonkey Mon 03-Oct-11 16:12:48

I started this very thread a few months ago! I ended up getting the Boden ones, good quality, not shiny or see-through or bobbly and don't fall down all day like my previous pairs. With an offer they were about £15, I bought a second pair recently as I liked them so much. Quite long though.

Poodlehorse Mon 03-Oct-11 19:24:36

I have gone with M&S velvet treggings this season, they are £22 and come in 4 colours including black, they are nice and thick and stretchy too. I feel more confident in them than leggings which can be a bit seethrough if stretched and I am a bit of a porker at the moment thanks to an injury that is stopping me from exercising but not eating wink hmm. They too are a bit long but fine with boots where I can hide the Nora Batty effect a wee bit.

saoirse86 Mon 03-Oct-11 19:42:40

I got some from warehouse in the sale. They're grey and I think they're supposed to be cropped because I have a 28" inside leg and they fit just on my ankle. They're really thick and a bit too warm at the moment. I'd definitely try warehouse for some though. Look here.

missorinoco Mon 03-Oct-11 19:47:30

I am a similar size to you. I like Jumping Jill leggings from White Stuff.

sprinkles77 Wed 05-Oct-11 15:09:02

missorinoco i just looked at the white stuff website. The colours looked a bit odd. which one is black? Or are both colours a bit mottled?

missorinoco Wed 05-Oct-11 20:44:31

They look horrid on the website! I know what you mean re mottled. Think I must have seen a picture from the catalogue. Mine were a dark grey. They definately weren't mottled. I don't recall trendy colour names like ink or zinc before, suspect I must have had zinc, cos they weren't blue.

missorinoco Wed 05-Oct-11 20:45:23

Just realised you wanted black - sorry, that's not helpful is it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now