Talk

Advanced search

Please help me accessorise this dress for a wedding

(4 Posts)
saoirse86 Sun 02-Oct-11 22:27:46

i bought this dress a few weeks ago for a wedding. I've been umming and ahhing about it and now I can't take it back so I've got to stick with it. I just have no idea what to wear with it.

I'm very fair, have very dark mid length curly hair, I'm about 5'3", age 25 and about a size 8-10. One problem I'm having is I think it would be best with bare legs but I've always got bruises on my legs. I've been trying my best to not walk into things to get rid of them but they just appear. So I think I'll have to wear black tights.

I can't justify anything new just for this occasion as money's tight so I'm hoping I can work with what I've got.

I have a suede clutch in a similar colour which has a gold clasp, could that work?

This is making me a bit grumpy as I'm struggling to get rid of my tummy, big bum and enormous thighs a year after having dd and just feel a bit ugly in everything. Please help me feel better for this once!

Chewbecca Sun 02-Oct-11 23:01:34

Re the legs, i bought some 'leg make up' in superdrug recently, wasn't expensive but evened out the tone of my legs very nicely, I shall use again.

saoirse86 Mon 03-Oct-11 16:42:37

That might be worth a try, I just don't know how well it'd cover the horrible bruises.

Do you think black tights would be ok if I have to wear them?

Chewbecca Mon 03-Oct-11 17:40:41

I'm no style queen but I would think not, sorry. Try experimenting with the make up? I don't think people are looking in detail at legs as they are not in direct eye view. So the aim is to make them look decent from a distance or at a glance IMO.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now