Talk

Advanced search

Elizabeth Arden 8hr SPF 50 - any good?

(7 Posts)
JosieRosie Sun 02-Oct-11 17:17:33

Just to be clear, this isn't the thick greasy stuff which everyone seems to either love or hate, it's supposed to be a light day moisturiser which protects you for 8 hours. I have looked at reviews on other websites and all have been glowing but I thought I would get the votes of the MN jury before shelling out. I have v sensitive skin and have had problems in the past with SPF products, burning my eyes and making my skin itch.
Any advice appreciated, ta!

MadameCastafiore Sun 02-Oct-11 17:20:38

I have used it on holiday and thought it good although I wiuldntl recommend if other stuff has burnt your eyes as it made my eyes water.

Dermalogica do a spf30 that I use every day and is very good.

JosieRosie Sun 02-Oct-11 17:25:09

Cheers Madame - I take it there were no eye-burning issues with the Dermalogica? Thanks smile

MadameCastafiore Sun 02-Oct-11 17:25:52

No is really lovely - have had lots of compliments about how skin looks too.

JosieRosie Sun 02-Oct-11 17:33:39

One more question Madame - do you use the Extra Rich Faceblock or the Solar Defence Booser?

WhatsWrongWithYou Sun 02-Oct-11 17:58:54

Smells like cow pats. Nothing special as a cream, either.

snoozingbeauty Sun 02-Oct-11 21:28:37

I think it smells like tobacco rather than cowpats! ;-) It's not the alternative to the SPF50 but OMega Wonder-Full Rescue Balm (http://www.mamamio.com/uk/omega-wonder-full-rescue-balm.html) is my new alternative to the classic 8 hour and cheaper too. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now