Talk

Advanced search

leighton denny nail varnish

(11 Posts)
southeastastra Sat 01-Oct-11 21:03:17

any good? have got suckered into buying some from QVC

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 02-Oct-11 09:59:32

I got the orange one harpers bazaar was giving away in the summer and I wasnt exactly pleased with it. At least I only had to pay the cost of the mag though.

I needed 3 coats then seche-vite to protect it. My revlon varnish is better imho.

Harpers bazaar has just put his varnish into their 100 top products though so maybe I got a duff bottle which would be just like me.

southeastastra Sun 02-Oct-11 10:48:17

oh bum i hope so, ordered a set from qvc!

LordOfTheFlies Sun 02-Oct-11 17:00:15

But at least with QVC you can return it (up to 30 days) if you don't like it.

I've not tried his colour, but I've got one of his four sided buffer files (would love the crystal file) and the oil.There was a pale blue cuticle cream but thats done.

I really like Bronze Babe. There's a set of 4 full sized bottles with Bronze Babe/a pale pink/a cream and a red (Provocative?). Might invest in this ...

cyb Sun 02-Oct-11 17:03:58

LOVE IT I really rate it, it goes on a treat first time. I was an OPI fan before but prefer LD now

hermioneweasley Sun 02-Oct-11 17:05:13

Another fan. Lasts really well and looks really glossy.

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 02-Oct-11 17:51:13

See? I said I'd got a duff one.

So your all putting one coat on then? not 3?.

wildfig Sun 02-Oct-11 19:40:21

Leighton Denny is the only instance of QVC talking me out of buying something. I find him really irritating and the nails-on-blackboard effect of him + Allison 'actually' Young makes me turn off.

When I see it in TKMaxx I'm always tempted, though. Is it much better quality than OPI?

apple99 Sun 02-Oct-11 19:50:29

A had a pedi in the summer and the salon used Leighton Denny polish, it didn't chip and looked great until I got bored of it about 3 weeks later!! I also got the free bottle with Harpers magazine, it's a lovely coral colour.

FIFIBEBE Sun 02-Oct-11 20:03:36

Love colours and finish of LD polishes. Last week I did the whole base coat, 2 coats of colour and top coat and it still chipped after 1 day. So I suppose my opinion is mixed. Agree the Alison Young/Leighton combo is super annoying.

southeastastra Sun 02-Oct-11 20:44:30

i can see why you say that wildfig grin i was drawn by the colours more than anything else. but now not so sure.

can you return to qvc even if you try out every colour? confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now