Talk

Advanced search

Best mattifying products please

(11 Posts)
Chicinwellies Sat 01-Oct-11 20:33:35

Both skincare and cosmetics. I am 33 and have started obsessing about anti aging products over the past year or two as I am a real outdoor girl and have realised that my skin is actually really greasy and I need to address this!

youngblowfish Sat 01-Oct-11 22:28:10

Kryolan anti-shine powder is second to none. I gave up on finding cosmetics that reduce skin's oil production, as it is regulated by hormones and therefore unlikely to be affected by any creams/serums. Although if someone found a miracle cure that escaped my dermatologist, I'd love to hear about it!

youngblowfish Sat 01-Oct-11 22:33:32

Sorry, gave up on finding skincare! <sleep deprived>

Chicinwellies Sun 02-Oct-11 08:41:39

Is it this? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kryolan-Translucent-Powder-all-shades-/230679176969?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Make_Up_Cosmetics_Face_Powder_PP&var=&hash=item7b6889b8eb

youngblowfish Sun 02-Oct-11 21:35:13

No, it is this one.

TigerseyeMum Sun 02-Oct-11 21:40:09

Decleor toner - mattifying. They also do a serum (Ylang Ylang) which is good and a moisturiser that mattifies too but I have not tried it yet.

Tesco oil-free foundation is also good.

HazleNutt Sun 02-Oct-11 21:42:33

you need oil. I had the oiliest skin ever and have tried all mattifying products out there, but they only made my skin produce more oil to combat the drying effect. I use Dr Hauschka normalizing oil now and am shine-free.

Chicinwellies Mon 03-Oct-11 20:19:35

Thanks HazleNutt, am no beauty buff and would never have considered oil on oil, if you know what I mean. Want to trial it, but seen p&p is as much as the product. Do you think just worth getting without trying smaller size?

chipping Tue 04-Oct-11 09:11:02

I also have oily skin, the best moisturiser for me is Creme de la Mer oil absorbing lotion. It'sprobably one of the more expensive ones but worth it - it's fab!

Foundation - Bare Minerals matte, which has spf15. Their oil control primer 'prime time' is rubbish though - looks like you have dried egg white on your face - not good.

HazleNutt Tue 04-Oct-11 10:51:09

Chicin, I was very sceptical myself, but it works.

I would recommend the trial size, what about here, no postage:
www.lookfantastic.com/beauty/dr-hauschka/dr-hauschka-face-care/dr-hauschka-kits/dr-hauschka-daily-face-care-kit-for-oily-skin.html

LoopyLucyLoo Tue 04-Oct-11 11:04:32

I swear by this mattifier from Dermalogica: www.thefacebeauty.co.uk/clearing-mattifier-65 . It's brilliant, keeps my skin shine-free and non-greasy all day.

I also second the Bare Minerals matte foundation. So much better than their normal foundation which I found I had to reapply half way through the day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now