Talk

Advanced search

What do you need but won't buy yourself?

(13 Posts)
DameDoom Sat 01-Oct-11 13:09:37

Me: Mason and Pearson hairbrush; Wolford opaque tights (indestructable)and Bobbi Brown make-up brushes.
These are absolute essentials that I could never justify on my own.

neuroticmumof3 Sat 01-Oct-11 13:11:53

I always feel wrong if I buy myself perfume. Don't know why, just think it should be bought for you.

Sausagesarenottheonlyfruit Sat 01-Oct-11 13:30:34

Really would like a nice watch, but I'd feel selfish if I bought one for myself.

DH would possibly respond to heavy hinting but I may have to email him a selection on the runup to Christmas. How romantic.

madmomma Sun 02-Oct-11 21:59:35

kurt geigers, the perfect leather jacket, horribly expensive boots, big fat diamond studs, narciso rodriguez(sp?) perfume & musk oil

MyChildDoesntNeedSleep Sun 02-Oct-11 22:03:45

Agree with perfume. I treated myself to some for my birthday, and I felt really guilty!

EmLH Sun 02-Oct-11 22:06:43

Laser hair removal! It would change my life but I don't have a spare couple of grand. One day...!

MrsBloomingTroll Mon 03-Oct-11 02:51:15

Jo Malone stuff...perfume, body lotion, bath oil, shower gel. I always wait and ask for them for birthdays and Christmas.

Sleepwhenidie Mon 03-Oct-11 07:18:10

The infamous waterproof/stylish coat for pushing buggy in the rain. I have identified (from here smile) the Helly Hansen as the one for me but can't bring myself to part with £180 for such a dull item...however nor will I buy a cheap horrible one I will hate, so I keep getting wet confused

Otoh I think spending as much as you can on things like ( for my taste, biker) boots, good (not insane) bag and a simple leather jacket is always a good idea, these things are used day after day, year after year. My leather jacket has been going for about 15!

Bumblequeen Mon 03-Oct-11 08:57:00

In my case it is what do I need but cannot buy due to lack of finances:

Decent make up brushes
Decent eyeshadow palettes
Leather shoes that I actually like that are not on the sale rack
Tailored black trousers for work from shops such as Warehouse, Top Shop, Jigsaw- buy trousers from Newlook/Asda and they are so ill fitting I have to wear tunic tops with them.
Work and going out bags- last bought going out clutch bag 5 years ago and work bag three years ago.
Go to the hairdressers more often

laptopwieldingharpy Mon 03-Oct-11 11:34:24

Yes perfume and jo malone stuff. And expensive pure essential oil candles

yummybunny Mon 03-Oct-11 12:37:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

toastandmarmiterocks Mon 03-Oct-11 13:18:35

I need some diamond stud earrings. I also desperately need to do my highlights (last time I was pg with DD3, now 2 1/2). Its not that I won't book an appointment I just can't afford it right now.

I need some knickers too, not a multi pack from sainsburys, and a bra that fits...

Jessicaalbastwin Mon 03-Oct-11 13:22:49

Husband wants me to buy some sexy dressing up lingerie and hold ups.
But come on I really couldn't justify buying that sort of stuff, I would feel terribly gulity, hehehe.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now